Colored name tags?

Kielly

Question

I mean, I've read on how to do this but it was a old post on a old forum and I wasn't sure if it still worked or not so I set my name to:

^2EXAMPLE^1Kielly

It was just showing like that on steam and on this forum, it never showed any color or such so now I'm wondering is that the same thing everyone else is seeing IN game or are they seeing color to my name tag. 

Also I'm just guessing its my steam name everyone sees in game and not my forum name, correct right? lol

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

4 answers to this question

Your forum name is only for the forum;  In general MP shows your Steam profile's name (you can't change it's colour) and avatar

About tags (I got no clue what exactly You've read, so I'll write down the basics about it)

Open MP's settings and this will pop out:
pVhtpki.jpg
Write in or copy/paste your tag and chose colour (it has max 20-character length)

From other players' point of view:raZDqA1.jpg

• Upvote 1

The in game tags are only things that can be coloured.

To do this Open your tab menu > press the yellow cog > enter anything you want in the "Player Tag" box (within the rules) and on the right of the box is a color selector. > clck on it and pick a colour.

Yes It is your steam name that people see.

DJ Trademark | Truckers.FM

Your forum name is only for the forum;  In general MP shows your Steam profile's name (you can't change it's colour) and avatar

About tags (I got no clue what exactly You've read, so I'll write down the basics about it)

Open MP's settings and this will pop out:

pVhtpki.jpg

Write in or copy/paste your tag and chose colour (it has max 20-character length)

From other players' point of view:raZDqA1.jpg

This is exactly what I was talking about. I was doing it wrong the whole time...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  God I must of looked like such a moron  :P

Thanks everyone!

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital