Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Going downhill...

Lee1206

Well. I have played ETS2MP since the day it was released. The community used to all get on together & the only tension was minor rivalry between the larger companies. I remember when I used to be able to enjoy the game, well... the word pathetic seems to spring to mind when I think about the community today.

If there was a crash in-game, it was just "Sorry mate" & people moved on. Now it is all "REPORT REPORT IM RECORDING REPORT REPORT". I am banned due to this, I really don't care if swearing is against the rules or not, "Profanity", whatever you want to call it. It's stupid. The game might be rated as a "3" but look at it, you have to be 13 to access steam. At 13 your are able to view "R (Mature) content", which includes swearing. "Oh f*ck off Russell". That is what I put in chat, as a joke to my friend because we had an accident. Low and behold someone screenshotted this & I am banned again.

I am in two minds as to whether or not this community is actually going to last. The way it is going, everyone seems to hate one another. I can no longer enjoy ETS2MP, because I am scared that if I accidentally pull out in front of someone, they might be recording and I might get another ban. The worst part of it all is that now people, even if you are their friend, will record you doing things wrong, in case you fall out & they use it against you. I have stopped caring.

Anyone else agree?

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT MY BAN, JUST THE COMMUNITY IN GENERAL

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

High End Event Management:

Convoy Control Operator

everyone seems to be calling me nub for no reason -_- annoying

See "nub" is more annoying than someone calling you a "c**t" or whatever, because it is literally just to irritate you, people may call you profane words out of frustration, like they do in the real world, you know, it is a simulator.

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

Profanity is against MP rules and you got 1 month becuase of your history

It isn't that pathetic if you think about it, some families don't want their kids to be brought up by swearing and all that so people doing it in chat is a bad influence on them.

It isn't that pathetic if you think about it, some families don't want their kids to be brought up by swearing and all that so people doing it in chat is a ban influence on them.

Then they must understand the terms of service on Steam & how seen as it is a social network site, there are risks of this & if they do not want their children to be brought up to swear, don't let them go on steam.

THIS TOPIC IS NOT MAINLY ABOUT MY BAN, BUT WHAT THE COMMUNITY HAS COME TO.

The ban is just an example of how a bit of "banter" can be taken the wrong way, usually because people hold a childish grudge or whatever

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

^^

if you're start using banter ingame like that

people need to know that it is banter and what you're like

I am not going to post about what my version of banter is, nor am I going to make a ban appeal trying to explain about this.

People need to get over it, if they don't like swearing, press F9 in-game, turn off chat. Problem solved.

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

Im just gona say Leyland has "Alot" of punishments in hes history... and only 2 of those are for insulting...

so think twice about starting a debate about IGA's decisions...

Regards, Z

ETS2MP Admin

TS3 ROOT

I would like to point out that this thread, again is not mainly about my ban. Please read again & see it is about the community in general.

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

^ I have an idea what it's like for admins. You have a few seconds to analyze the situation. Your best bet is to act normal. Not overreact and have a REASON for the admins to ban you.

This is multiplayer. Every multiplayer game is BOUND to have some jerks in it. It's a saying I have in my home; "If the players have freedom to do what they please, or build whatever they want to build. I promise you, one of the things going to be built is a penis monument." - same goes true for idiots in ETS2MP. You are going to have someone who is going to ruin the fun for everybody. But don't let it affect you. Don't be the problem.

signature.png

^ I have an idea what it's like for admins. You have a few seconds to analyze the situation. Your best bet is to act normal. Not overreact and have a REASON for the admins to ban you.

I would like to point out that this thread, again is not mainly about my ban. Please read again & see it is about the community in general.

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

Well i kind of agree, the admins are REALLY strict when it comes to profanity and such... The day when "idiot" and "sh*t" became bannable... I feel this is going a little hard, but I don't really mind. Because I can easy adjust.

Everyone has their "community" name, and like everyone else I had the awesome name "sh*tlock", that I've used for years and years. I was even part of some administration team somewhere, and it was no problem for them. But here I had to change it to something else because it was inappropriate....

But it's ok. Like I say I can adjust, so I don't mind that much :)

Just remember that if you follow the rules, you will never get in trouble!

"Oh f*ck off Russell". That is what I put in chat, as a joke to my friend because we had an accident. Low and behold someone screenshotted this & I am banned again.

You are going to have someone who is going to ruin the fun for everybody. But don't let it affect you. Don't be the problem.

In Game Rules:

Profanity - Kick / Ban

Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate or anything similar.

signature.png

Dude I got banned for 1 day for calling someone an idiot

Well i kind of agree, the admins are REALLY strict when it comes to profanity and such... The day when "idiot" and "sh*t" became bannable... I feel this is going a little hard, but I don't really mind. Because I can easy adjust.

Everyone has their "community" name, and like everyone else I had the awesome name "sh*tlock", that I've used for years and years. I was even part of some administration team somewhere, and it was no problem for them. But here I had to change it to something else because it was inappropriate....

But it's ok. Like I say I can adjust, so I don't mind that much :)

Just remember that if you follow the rules, you will never get in trouble!

I agree everyone's report report report I got banned for 1 day for calling a rammer an idiot. GG 

I got banned for a few days for calling a guy who pulled out of junction in front of me and preceded to keep trying to push me and calling names in chat an "idiot" and got banned. people should only be banned if what they are doing is affecting multiple people in the same way and causing disturbances for anyone on that road etc. it should be a "oh you slightly touched my truck and kept driving, so im going to ban you" society, its dumb, not to mention its not fair on the admins to have to deal with hundreds of reports from the most stupid to the most major.

People get offended too often in game, especially if theyre having a bad day, so if you say something like "stop driving like an idiot" even though the term idiot isn't a swear word or profanity in anyones rule book, insta ban.

the people who should get banned are those who drive dangerously, troll and cause mayhem, not for using profanity, you wouldn't walk down the street and call the cops if you hear someone say a swear word would you? people keep crying that they want to treat MP more realistically yet report people fro the use of profanity, its as dumb as trolls are in game.

@Hellser

PLEASE VIEW THE COMMENT I KEEP PUTTING

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

wut xD

anyway

imo i think the community is great

they're worse community out there, We're allowed to do more (some communities can't even edit there profile, only limited things). anyway this community is going to last because of ETS2MP, ATSMP and i reckon there is more people being good now than people getting banned

I understand that it is fairly loose, but come on. It's just getting pathetic. Join one of the larger VTCs, they all have haters and the lean mean reporting machines following them around in-game until they do something wrong

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

You made a thread about you being banned, and how the community has downgraded to "RECORDING REPORT LOLOL". Record as well! Play the game as if you are ALWAYS being watched by an admin. Don't go racing, crashing - then come running to the forums saying that the community has gone to crap because you were recorded and reported.

It's an easy solution and I already gave it; play as if you are always being watched by an in-game admin. Don't go blasting through red lights. Avoid crashing as much as you can. This goes for everybody. To the VTC I'm in to that lonely guy in the Iveco still trying to get his 24t cargo up the Quarry. The reason why people are recording is to catch others who are a bad influence to ETS2MP and report them to the admins so that they may be punished.

I'm not trying to get your blood going, Lee. You're a fellow trucker. Hell, we might meet on the road and get a small convoy going until we split off. But the community is in a right in a way. There's kids out there who is going to ruin it for everybody. If we didn't have these Reporting Machines.. Europort would be much more of a chaotic state than it is now.

signature.png

Well. I have played ETS2MP since the day it was released. The community used to all get on together & the only tension was minor rivalry between the larger companies. I remember when I used to be able to enjoy the game, well... the word pathetic seems to spring to mind when I think about the community today.

If there was a crash in-game, it was just "Sorry mate" & people moved on. Now it is all "REPORT REPORT IM RECORDING REPORT REPORT". I am banned due to this, I really don't care if swearing is against the rules or not, "Profanity", whatever you want to call it. It's stupid. The game might be rated as a "3" but look at it, you have to be 13 to access steam. At 13 your are able to view "R (Mature) content", which includes swearing. "Oh f*ck off Russell". That is what I put in chat, as a joke to my friend because we had an accident. Low and behold someone screenshotted this & I am banned again.

I am in two minds as to whether or not this community is actually going to last. The way it is going, everyone seems to hate one another. I can no longer enjoy ETS2MP, because I am scared that if I accidentally pull out in front of someone, they might be recording and I might get another ban. The worst part of it all is that now people, even if you are their friend, will record you doing things wrong, in case you fall out & they use it against you. I have stopped caring.

Anyone else agree?

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT MY BAN, JUST THE COMMUNITY IN GENERAL

Hey mate i do Agree with what  you are saying  but  there are rules  in game  and  to  be  honest  here  i dont  really  insult .use  hacks.or  ram, in any  words not to cause a  accident with another  user . i have  been  alone  in  most  of  my  time  in ets2mp  only  because to stay out  of trouble . and  not everyone  hates each other  its  just that  some  people  like to drive  alone  or  they  are new  and  not sure   about  the  game and  how it works .

my  last  thing to say every one  is different  we all have  different  skills  in each game , simulator  games  are  suppose  to be  a relaxing  game 's for does  are  from work and want to play  a  game  that  they do in real life . or  just  to young  to  work and want to experience what  it  looks  like  ect...

but  i do hope  in the  future  there will be  more simulation  games that  are  more  fun. <

76561198098873827.png

You made a thread about you being banned, and how the community has downgraded to "RECORDING REPORT LOLOL". Record as well! Play the game as if you are ALWAYS being watched by an admin. Don't go racing, crashing - then come running to the forums saying that the community has gone to crap because you were recorded and reported.

It's an easy solution and I already gave it; play as if you are always being watched by an in-game admin. Don't go blasting through red lights. Avoid crashing as much as you can. This goes for everybody. To the VTC I'm in to that lonely guy in the Iveco still trying to get his 24t cargo up the Quarry. The reason why people are recording is to catch others who are a bad influence to ETS2MP and report them to the admins so that they may be punished.

I'm not trying to get your blood going, Lee. You're a fellow trucker. Hell, we might meet on the road and get a small convoy going until we split off. But the community is in a right in a way. There's kids out there who is going to ruin it for everybody. If we didn't have these Reporting Machines.. Europort would be much more of a chaotic state than it is now.

He wasn't recorded though, it was just a screenshot. But at the end of the day Lee is banned, but in general there has been huge amounts of people driving recklessly. Lee was only joking with with the driver himself

Archived