Anyone actually use the high beams as you would IRL?

Kielly

I use them as I would in real life. Ever since I was issued a citation for driving with my high beams on (I was 19 and coming home from a second shift job) I have always been careful to dim my lights when there is other traffic; this includes traffic waiting at a stop perpendicular to my lane of travel. 

Of course, I always drive in game like I would in real life. I stop at all stop signs/lights, I slow down for intersections, and roundabouts, I wait for traffic to clear before entering a parking lot, obey speed limits, etc. For me it is WAY more challenging to drive like it is real. And challenging is fun.

Anyone that wants to do some realistic driving let me know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear its a international pass-time to drive at night with trucks that are lit up like xmas trees and not bother dipping lights, I did a count today of how many oncoming trucks did/ didn't dip their lights, out of 169 trucks I saw on my run (when it got dark) only about 10-20 even tried to dip their lights, the rest either had no lights or full beams on.

Nope, he didn't mean that. He meant that he switches off the high beams when there are oncoming traffic, but other drivers think that he just flashed his high beams (off-on-off) to greet them. Read more carefully. You're not in a hurry, right?

lol I see. The topic was "as you would IRL" so I answered it like that.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

^^that makes no sense, if you drive realistically, you would dip to low beams whenever theres oncoming traffic, when the road is sufficiently lit by streetlights as well as dip when following or passing traffic, that's realistic use.

as a sidenote, wwhat is it with people using high beams and having beacons on all the time at night when theyre hauling just a normal refer. or curtainside trailer?

I like to, but with the combination of the Winter mods white balance with lights + my SweetFX on top of that, I tend to avoid my high-beams entirely unless it's to signal someone :P

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

Well it is different in real life, you have your high beams on and it really does blind you but when they are on in this game it does nothing, maybe if they made it so your screen is brighter or something I might be more worried about it but yes people shouldn't have high beams on if people are in front of you or traffic coming towards you.

I drive using the 360 controller which gives me limited buttons. To toggle the high beams I had to lean up to my keyboard and back just for something which doesn't actually "hurt" the other player. I noticed a lot of people actually turning it off however so now I've reconfigured the buttons to include the high beams as well so they'll all be happy :D

But to be honest I don't really care about it as it has no consequences. I'll do it if someone else does it.

76561198020229164.png

P67A-D3-B3 - Intel i7-3770 3.40 - MSI GTX 980 4GB - 24GB DDR3 Fury

I use keyboard feel my pain. :(

If you got some extra buttons on your mouse you could map some functions there. I for example got high beams on one of the two extra buttons. :) Helps a lot instead of having to let go of your mouse and press a button on the far end of your keyboard! ^^

i use them as in real life - for communications only. trucker light language.. its quite easy, long flash after been overtaken to say "clear, you may marge in", rapid flashing oncoming to say "danger ahead of you, slow down".

i never use them to say hi or to see more.. there is no need, the game is way to bright at night in my opinion.. and no its not my monitor gamma - my monitor is calibrated. :)

edit: oh and i hate been blinded by others.. it happens all the time. my eyes are very sensitive to light.

sysp-73354.png

^Sadly, i think some players in MP don't really knows how to use the high beams for communication. Last time when i flashed my lights to a truck on the other side, that guy thinks that i was saying hello to him, so he flashed and honked back.But then in fact i was warning him that there's a truck blocking the road, and at last that guy crashed into the truck.....

• 2 weeks later...

I swear its a international pass-time to drive at night with trucks that are lit up like xmas trees and not bother dipping lights, I did a count today of how many oncoming trucks did/ didn't dip their lights, out of 169 trucks I saw on my run (when it got dark) only about 10-20 even tried to dip their lights, the rest either had no lights or full beams on.

I try and drive as if was in RL indicate when turning and changing lanes, keep to the speed limit (too a lot of peoples distaste a lot of honking behind me), drop main beam for oncoming traffic nice to know I am not the only one

keep on trucking guy chimera

Kapixel

Archived