Anyone actually use the high beams as you would IRL?

Kielly

I always turn them off when a truck is coming head on to me and turn them back on when Im past like your suppose to but every-time I do it people think I'm just trying to say hello as they blink their lights back haha. I never seen anyone else do this but me, Anyone else do this too? Completely curious.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im actually the same i always turn off when i see trucks or when its lights around me, sometimes i blink to those who have the high beams on to tell them to turn of their headlights but instead they think im saying "hello" to them.. and that annoys me so much that i keep swearing at them in real life  :rolleyes:

Employed in: Viva Trucking (VTC)

You're not only one. The problem is exactly you mentioned.. they think its like horn.. they blink you back.. The most annoying thing is those guys with every. single. accessory. slot. full. of. the. lights. driving with full beams be it day or night.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

You're not only one. The problem is exactly you mentioned.. they think its like horn.. they blink you back.. The most annoying thing is those guys with every. single. accessory. slot. full. of. the. lights. driving with full beams be it day or night.

^ This a thousand times this, and yes i try to remember to turn my high beams off when i see another truck though i have found myself not using them as of late due to the factor with the winter mod they just make my visibility of the road a thousand times worse due to reflecting off the ice/snow covered road blinding me

4i21k0-5.png

High beams are completely misused on the game. You can use them on a motorway so long as there is no oncoming traffic. To be honest, the headlights in ETS2 are &*$%, going up a bank you can't see jack, you need the HB.

In regards to how I use them, rarely, I usually use them when approaching junctions at high speeds or blind bends to warn others of my presence. I Only use the horn for the same thing aswell

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

I try to use them as much as possible like I do irl. as said here already it's nearly impossible to drive at night without using them ingame. I disabled the additional lights option in the tab menu so the highbeams don't become annoying.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6603 met Tapatalk

Born to be wild in 1982 | Does not accept random Steam friend requests

In my own words  i dont  but  please  do  Remember  in  real life  its  more  real.

In ets2mp not every thing  is  real.

But  i do use  high Beams in game  the only  reason  is to show  that  you have  stronger  lights  and  that  others  can see  who is  on the road . in ets2mp not  much street  lights  are  on country roads  that why i use  my  high beams  at  night  on every road .

76561198098873827.png

yeah have seen many doing this, i usually just toot my horn to say hello :D

I would rather not have people doing that as alot of us got the volume set rather high and use headphones to have a realistic experience with engine sounds. When people just step on their horns, and I mean all of them, I usually jump off my chair or wheel to the side as driving long trips can become tiresome. I just flash my high beams to greet someone, or to warn when overtaking etcetera. The horn should only be used to warn for danger in my book. ;)

76561198004601492.png

^^

I totally agree with you. I never use my horn to greet people I use my lights. It's not hard and people can still see them. Also, like you, I turn off my high beams when another truck is coming in the opposite direction.

Add me on steam HERE if you wish. Just message me saying that you found me from the ETS2MP Forum.

Have Not uploaded many of my deliveries as waiting for STVTC TruckLive.

signature.png

At night if there are not lights on the road, I use the high beams, then when I see a truck, I turn them off (highway code) until past then turn them on again.

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

High End Event Management:

Convoy Control Operator

I also try to warn other players with my high beams of oncoming road blocks that their going to smash into but they also think its just me saying hello so I gets a good chuckle when I see them crashing into another truck in my rear view mirror  :lol:  :lol:

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

although there are ALOT of people you see at night who drive with their trucks lit up like xmas trees all the time, which with the way my monitor is set up and how low my brightness is (to make nights feel more realistic) its blinding IRL sometimes with guys with like 16+- lights on their truck.

Also I always dip for both oncoming traffic, streetlight areas and passing people out their, (don't want to blind them in their mirrors now do we?

NEVER, if what you meant in the topic is to flash high beam at in-coming vehicles, and keep high beams on when following other vehicles. These behaviors are dangerous in real life, and are considered rude or illegal in some countries.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

NEVER, if what you meant in the topic is to flash high beam at in-coming vehicles, and keep high beams on when following other vehicles. These behaviors are dangerous in real life, and are considered rude or illegal in some countries.

Nope, he didn't mean that. He meant that he switches off the high beams when there are oncoming traffic, but other drivers think that he just flashed his high beams (off-on-off) to greet them. Read more carefully. You're not in a hurry, right?

Ready to go!

Archived