Jump to content
Tygrys330

Increase player rendering distance

Recommended Posts

What if I put the suggestion like this:

 

Suggestion name: Increase drawing distance

Suggestion description: Increase the option of drawing distance to 1 km or more. Default setting would be lower and players with better PCs are able to increase the setting. This way everyone can enjoy the game with different build PCs.

Any example images: -

Why it should be added?: Other players' trucks appear too late in long straights making the game look unrealistic. If there was an option to increase that distance, gaming experience would be better without out of nowhere popping trucks. 

Be my guest :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a feature that is already used by Game Moderators, where they can see other players regardless of distance.

but as mentioned earlier, this would greatly increase the delay, I do not know if it would work, but I think it's something we could try ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, the lag argument is invalid. The OP meant for it to change the slider in the settings that already exists. Which means that nobody is forced to make use of the extended draw distance.

Only lag that could result would be server lag. I don't know how big the performance impact is for the server when new people appear for a player, but the devs do know so they can decide in how far this is possible.

I agree with DerAmpelmann that it doesn't have anything to do with the speed, but simply the fact that you want to see people coming and not pop out of nowhere as they approach you. Adds to the atmosphere of the game.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 it can be extended a little bit, not needed to be too much, like 100-200m more might be good enough, also it does not draw details like paint jobs accessoaries and so on until we are close.

Edited by Batslav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 1:24 AM, [TSR - Vet] Bus 51 (Norm) said:

I think this has been integrated into the game for some time now, considering the age of this post as well.

my bad, this was bumped by this guy 

 

On 1/15/2018 at 10:08 PM, David Edson said:

This is a feature that is already used by Game Moderators, where they can see other players regardless of distance.

but as mentioned earlier, this would greatly increase the delay, I do not know if it would work, but I think it's something we could try ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a potato PC, and although useful for the 60% of users with good PCs, the other 40% of us will get more lag. Draw distance increased means more strain on the server. The more strain on the server, the slower everyone gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest S̶ ̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶ ̶k̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶

+1 From me, i can usually only see a few trucks in a line, and never whats happening ahead. (And i dont think people are understanding the topic, it isnt about forcing everyone to have a higher distance, thats an option.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...