Increase player rendering distance

Guest Tygrys330

Guest Tygrys330

What if I put the suggestion like this:

Suggestion name: Increase drawing distance

Suggestion description: Increase the option of drawing distance to 1 km or more. Default setting would be lower and players with better PCs are able to increase the setting. This way everyone can enjoy the game with different build PCs.

Any example images: -

Why it should be added?: Other players' trucks appear too late in long straights making the game look unrealistic. If there was an option to increase that distance, gaming experience would be better without out of nowhere popping trucks. 

Be my guest :)

• 2 years later...

Guys, the lag argument is invalid. The OP meant for it to change the slider in the settings that already exists. Which means that nobody is forced to make use of the extended draw distance.

Only lag that could result would be server lag. I don't know how big the performance impact is for the server when new people appear for a player, but the devs do know so they can decide in how far this is possible.

I agree with DerAmpelmann that it doesn't have anything to do with the speed, but simply the fact that you want to see people coming and not pop out of nowhere as they approach you. Adds to the atmosphere of the game.

+1

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 1:24 AM, [TSR - Vet] Bus 51 (Norm) said:

I think this has been integrated into the game for some time now, considering the age of this post as well.

my bad, this was bumped by this guy 

On 1/15/2018 at 10:08 PM, David Edson said:

This is a feature that is already used by Game Moderators, where they can see other players regardless of distance.

but as mentioned earlier, this would greatly increase the delay, I do not know if it would work, but I think it's something we could try ...

• 4 months later...

+1 From me, i can usually only see a few trucks in a line, and never whats happening ahead. (And i dont think people are understanding the topic, it isnt about forcing everyone to have a higher distance, thats an option.)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...