Increase player rendering distance

Guest Tygrys330

Guest Tygrys330

Suggestion NameIncrease player rendering distance 

Suggestion Description:Increase player rendering distance. There is a slider for this in the setting but maybe have a option for more then 600m.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: For people that have good PC'S will be able to set the setting high and for people with lower end PC'S they should be able to adjust to the setting that they want. Like I said in the description. I know their is a slider, but make the range higher.

Please read this clearfully that it's a slider so it can be adjusted.

Guest Tygrys330

Not Good Idea at all because That would increase lags

I don't want any lag on my high-end potato. -1

Then dont rive in europort XD :P

120 kp/h + on country roads?! Where's the realism then? 

EU2 is Spped way heavn..might as well put my 720 hp volvo and 620 v8 scania to good use :P

Guest Tygrys330

^

The trucks have those horsepowers so they can pull heavy loads not for racing :)

I dont race I said GOOD USE, for pulling loads :)

I guess when you mean View Distance you mean the Draw Distance? If you mean the Draw Distance it's into the MP tab settings which has a slider so for those people who have good PC's they can draw it even futher 1KM like the OP said instead of 500m only. So you can't really say "it will cause lags" when this option is not a prefix but there is the option for the individual player already.

• Thanks 1
•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Guest Tygrys330

I guess when you mean View Distance you mean the Draw Distance? If you mean the Draw Distance it's into the MP tab settings which has a slider so for those people who have good PC's they can draw it even futher 1KM like the OP said instead of 500m only. So you can't really say "it will cause lags" when this option is not a prefix but there is the option for the individual player already.

My have the slid bar to 2km...as even 1km makes it look like ghost traffic

If it were to get added I'm all for it being optional and added to the current slider we already have. I don't know if the server will appreciate that kind of change, it could make it more laggy. But you are right, I'm still seeing ghost trucks or unloaded trucks spawn as they pass by, so something needs to be done about that. This could be one solution.

• Upvote 3

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

I thought of this, but then re-thinking it again, it is not very realistic, and would cause lag, especially for players with Low End PC's

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Like the others have said above it will more likely than not increase lag. I also do not have a problem with the current viewing distances and like them the way they are as it makes you more aware of your surroundings constantly looking out for other trucks.

Biomass driver of Stobart Trucking VTC

Guest Tygrys330

Yes so maybe have a slider distance(i know their is one) but increase it to 2km, because some people like me don't drive to Holland often because of obvious reasons (too many people)

^ That could possibly work. There would have to be a limit to it (to how low it can go), as trolls would use it to there advantage to reduce the viewing distance to little, then they cannot see where they are going. People who want realism, could have it low, and people that don't really care about realism, could turn it up high. With a bit more thought, this could be a possibility.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Guest Tygrys330

^ That could possibly work. There would have to be a limit to it (to how low it can go), as trolls would use it to there advantage to reduce the viewing distance to little, then they cannot see where they are going. People who want realism, could have it low, and people that don't really care about realism, could turn it up high. With a bit more thought, this could be a possibility.

Maybe instead of kicking the bad people..maybe ban them for 1 hour

Guest Tygrys330

^ User is already able to adjust the distance, but the max is 600. If this is implemented, the default should be lower and user able to set it to full.

My point is just to extend the range end of :)

What if I put the suggestion like this:

Suggestion name: Increase drawing distance

Suggestion description: Increase the option of drawing distance to 1 km or more. Default setting would be lower and players with better PCs are able to increase the setting. This way everyone can enjoy the game with different build PCs.

Any example images: -

Why it should be added?: Other players' trucks appear too late in long straights making the game look unrealistic. If there was an option to increase that distance, gaming experience would be better without out of nowhere popping trucks. 

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!