Suggestion: Reconnect Button

The reconnect button would make it too easy for trolls who have been kicked by an admin for a reason to get back in the game and continue trolling.

However I do think that the server change is quite a good idea.

Often I find myself talking to people while I am in EU #2 Im like "where are you guys".

Then their all like "Hanover EU #1 "

-_-

Suggested 65536 times and has been rejected every single time. It's unlikely that this one won't be rejected either. 

Unfortunately, I have thought that it's definitely a -1 because trolls are going to take over the streets, the purpose of that is completely wasted for legitimate players who need to reconnect after an AFK kick. 

Interesting concept though. 

To all persons that say "No, persons that have been kicked by an admin would reconnect too easily", we can make the button able only if :

• You got internet connection problem
  • You got AFK/ping kicked
  • You want just to change from server

To all persons that say "No, persons that have been kicked by an admin would reconnect too easily", we can make the button able only if :

I was about to suggest that ! Could be done with a chat  /command i think

Born to be wild in 1982 | Does not accept random Steam friend requests

Instead of having it a Re-connect buttons for any kick, why not just for an AFK kick. This way, it would prevent trolls being able to re-connect quickly, and would be a massive help when being kicked for AFK. I think this is a move suitable idea, but of course, it's not my post.

Regards.

• Upvote 1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

I was about to suggest that ! Could be done with a chat  /command i think

i vote for this ^^^^

Just a thought on how to implement this.

• Make a "home" button in the left top corner to return to server selection screen.

(this way reconnecting, choosing another server or changing settings is all covered by one button)

• By clicking this button, a dialog screen will pop up asking if you really want to return to the lobby, telling that this choice will disconnect the current session (if there is any).

• Players that have been kicked in the past 15 minutes for other reasons then being AFK will not be able to return to the server selection screen.

Example:

ets2mp_1.jpg

ets2mp2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Professional VTC DAR Transport (NL) Now recruiting drivers! Click here!

darhandt.png

c8df78ae30.png  STEAM PROFILE  •  icon.png  DAR VTC  •  icon.png DAR WEBSITE  •  twitch.png TWITCH  •  youtube-small.png YOUTUBE

^ Many thanks web developer for finding out the technicalities behind this suggestion. I think your statement could also explain why this suggestion was suggested 65536 times (I put that number just for fun because it isn't really 65536!) and was rejected. We don't know of any breakthroughs since this (or something similar) was first suggested and rejected. That's something to add on my -1 scorecard for this suggestion. 

Not technically feasable, will require massive rewrite of the authentication scheme.

Wouldn't it be possible just to have a button that would bring up the login popup ? (I don't know at all, that's why I ask you)

i think it's a -1 for this suggestion, if all the trollers can immediately reconnect after got kicked by admins, then all the mess will just stay on the road and never go away, it will just affect more players or even the admin crew .

As MOST OF PEOPLES HERE said, we agree that this function would be disabled if you were kicked/banned by a real admin (By real I mean not the AFK bot for example) in your current session (I think we can use the logs, if the system detects that there is in your log the words "kicked by" or "banned by" it forbids you to click).

• 4 years later...