what truck to buy

Dawgsaysftw

Question

21 answers to this question

Scania R has the some of the best pulling power in the game as does the Volvo FH16. Both have high acceleration too, so will reach their limit pretty quickly with the most powerful engines. The DAF XF Euro 6 is good asthetically, but actually pretty boring to drive.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

If you want to save money and yet buy a good truck, I recommend the Volvo FH 16 Classic. You can get one with 560 HP (I think it is 560. I don't remember exactly. It's something around that) for around 98/99K. You can then upgrade it up to 750 HP later on. No other truck in the game but the Volvos can have that much power. Besides, the Volvos are compatible with all the accessories/upgrades currently available. They're the best trucks you can buy for the best price. No other truck brand offers you so much for so little. You can buy other trucks for 99K but they are much inferior to the FH 16 Classic, specs-wise.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I don't think raw power/torque tells the whole story in this game. I went from the top end, fully upgraded Volvo to the top end Majestic and the Majestic feels a lot quicker and more nimble in comparison to the Volvo.

The Volvo had gobs of power for inclines, but it was really cumbersome to drive and felt really slow to accelerate. The Majestic feels a lot more stable, too. Not sure if this is just because they're shorter or what, but with the Volvo I felt like if I so much as looked at it wrong, it was going to tip over.

76561198003110721.png

Iveco High-way  :wub:  Only a 560HP engine, but, it has the looks!

https://worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=393989

My truck :)

It says Iveco Stralis, but its a stralis high-way

• Upvote 1

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

It sounds weird but I can't stand driving a truck where the indecater blinks slow like the iveco aha... I do like the Renault tho

It really doesnt bother me, its still indicating, and thats what matters

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

4601768346.png

Volvo FH16 classic if you are new, all the power you will ever need for a truck you can buy right away. The new DAF or Iveco trucks win in looks, but the Mercedes (whenever it comes) will that crown easily

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

It sounds weird but I can't stand driving a truck where the indecater blinks slow like the iveco aha... I do like the Renault tho

It sounds weird too, but I like Renault because you don't have to turn your head to see the front mirror :) However, after 1.15 I bought Iveco  

This is how i went with my trucks

Volvo: I started off with the volvo, it has alot of power for a cheap price

MAN: Decided to give them a shot

Volvo 750: I was tired of driving slowly, I wanted power!

Scania: One of the most popular trucks. I decided to find out what the fuss was about 

Iveco: Not a popular truck and i love its design and engine sound.

I still use an iveco to this day!

I kept switching truck about every week, because there was always something i didnt like. But i havent found anything about the iveco i dont like. Its my perfect truck!

So in conclusion: If you want power. Go for Volvo. If you want to stay with the popular group, go with DAF euro 6 or Scania. If you want looks, i recommend Iveco :) If you want to sit in between, get an MAN or a Mercedes. Or if you want to be that one guy that drives the least popular truck. Get a renault

4601768346.png

I don't like Volvo anymore because other trucks turn much smoother, even if I fit Volvo with 6/4 chassis. But I still miss it's dashboard, it's most informative and easy to read. For instance, I love combined speedometer and tachometer, retarder indicator is quite useful too (I seen that only on Volvo and Iveco Hi-Way) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.