Kat_pw

Very Important Information - 64bit

Whoop Whoop (its the sound of the police :P) apparently my laptop does support 64 bit but never installed it. So this boy is getting 64 bit and will still be able to play multiplayer :)

Lags and freezes are due to your CPU's ability to cache information (loading in trucks), not caused by RAM. (but low ram WILL do this, too). This might fix that for some, might make it worse for others. Fair warning. You need a MINIMUM of a quad core of at least 3GHz to run this mod at 30+ fps in a heavy place like Rotterdam.

Last weekend i installed 64 bit and its runing all fine. So i can keep on trucking. See you guys on the road :)

• Upvote 2

Isn't Euro Truck more dependent on the processor and GPU than memory? As far as I can tell, switching from 32bit to 64bit yields no better performance in single-player, 3 to 4 frames at best.

Would love a developers input on this, I can understand why the mod is going 64bit for ATSMP, but ETS2MP could still remain 32bit could it not? Seems like it's gonna lose a good chunk of members :huh:

Isn't Euro Truck more dependent on the processor and GPU than memory? As far as I can tell, switching from 32bit to 64bit yields no better performance in single-player, 3 to 4 frames at best.

Would love a developers input on this, I can understand why the mod is going 64bit for ATSMP, but ETS2MP could still remain 32bit could it not? Seems like it's gonna lose a good chunk of members :huh:

A lot of people's games freeze up when they have to load in a lot of trucks at once, especially on laptops and older systems. It will probably help reduce this, or even eliminate it. Plus most people are using full 64bit systems (just look at Steam Hardware Survey), and holding onto 32bit only holds things back.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks Scar!

@Asterisk, if the user has an older system/laptop, upgrading to 64bit isn't the way to resolve their problems :P that would only assist them if they can upgrade their laptops memory too, to allow more to be used :)

^

Chances are they're playing at 2fps anyways

Edited by ZiroX
Removed quote from about post
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Kat_pw :)  ETS2MP is the best game I ever played and I'm really looking foreword to getting ATS when it comes out.  I can't wait  to see the features SCS has in store for us. Great work as always. guys. 

Huuuuuuuaaaaaaauuuuuuu!!!!!

Agora não irei jogar mais. Valeuuuuuu é isso aiiiii! Para que pensar na classe media? (tecnicamente quase todos os brasileiros (isso mesmo sou brasileiro))

Espero que aproveitem bem seu jogo  :D

Nooo

OMG

I have a pc on 32 bites. I payed 20 euros for this game and now, I can"t play mp. :( I am so sad. Will be there a 32 bit version? Tell me pleas. Thx!