Very Important Information - 64bit

Kat_pw

But you should consider switching to 64bit since SCS isn't going to support it anymore, I'm surprised they did create a (unsupported) 32bit version.

• Upvote 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

dont ask to add 32bit, just install x64 OS, everyone can do it

^

Still need 64bit supporting hardware.

you'r so wrong
"unsupported" hardware was back in 2000, since 2004/2005 EVERYONE can upgrade to x64 (ofc if you'r not running pc with 1gb ram)
no one is playing this game with pentium II 300mh/z cpus, every single 32bit crying baby can download x64 OS from MS, install it and enjoy MP

bad idea not to support 32-bit version, there are players who do not have money to buy a new PC also when CD version have registered on Steam then he has been on 32-bit maybe once before going back on after thinking once.

Also, I have a lot of players talk now complete ets mp to leave behind because they are angry that claims now 64 bit far is how stupid can you be, because to do think about it and how many players are staying away for MP servers.

^well, it's been advertised for a while that the support for 32bit was ending.

And, i do understand the reason behind it, since ats only supports 64bit systems, and making the mod for both 32bit & 64bit systems would be time consuming, pushing update releases back quite a while.

If that happends, we'll get the ton of posts about about when the update will come..... And, any desently new ( this decade, well, even 10 years old ) puters usualy supports 64bit os.....

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

this games going from bad to even worse now....

my laptop supports both 32bit and 64bit and with ets2 it runs 10x better on 32bit,

my secondary laptop only runs 32bit so now i carnt play online with that (pathetic choice from the admins tbh)

also quite bad on how they use the same system on ets2mp on atsmp, national speedlimit '65' and only able to do '37' because your going over a town?

can see this game going downhill very quickly now

this games going from bad to even worse now....

my laptop supports both 32bit and 64bit and with ets2 it runs 10x better on 32bit,

my secondary laptop only runs 32bit so now i carnt play online with that (pathetic choice from the admins tbh)

also quite bad on how they use the same system on ets2mp on atsmp, national speedlimit '65' and only able to do '37' because your going over a town?

can see this game going downhill very quickly now

Don't blame the admins, SCS chose to make the game 64 bit from 32 bit so from the devs decisions (as there isn't many) it's easier to look after 2 versions of the same bit rate than it is to support 3 different versions. If you were one of the few in charge of supporting the game you wouldn't have w choice but to adapt to this, unfortunately that's the way it has to be.

The town issue as far as I'm aware is being sorted and there isn't a lot they can do, but they're trying their best so please try keep the negativity to a minimum and lead to constructive criticism instead as its something that can be worked with.

Anything recently though is 64-bit only and Microsoft themselves only release their development tools or 64-bit - hence the move is actually started by Microsoft and not SCS or the devs/admins.

Things always start at the top and end up being forced to be supported all the way down.

Hopefully it's all sorted over time and it's still in Alpha stages at the moment

Best of luck,

Kind regards,

Matthew