Very Important Information - 64bit

Kat_pw

Can the 64 bit support give any advantages for the mod? More memory acces, etc? Can we expect any new feature due to 64 bit support?

Kind Regards,

Dennis

• better game performance - 64 bit allows to the game to use more than 2GB ram (otherwise WIndows used to automatically close it whenever the game went over the 2gb)
  • ability to have MP mod for ATS

The only problem with 64bit, is that it requires a bit more overhead, so older computers may not run as well. I've been using 64bit since Windows 7 was released as beta in 2009 (64bit cpus have been around since 2005 but drivers were a different story (Windows XP x64), it would be VERY RARE (especially today with Microsoft's driver requirements) for an end-user to find incompatible hardware with 64bit. If you have a system that can handle it, upgrade. You wont regret it in the long run, and having more than 4gb of ram is so nice.

• 4 weeks later...

To the people who complaining about 64 bit system;

Grow up! The world is changing and 32 bit machines have been history. New computers are not as expensive as Mercedes Benz (even upgrading the current machines are cheaper) so if you want to play ETS2MP/ATSMP/ATS itself, you have to change something and you have to spend some money. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2015 at 11:43 PM, Kat_pw said:

Sometime (hopefully soon) 1.22s will be ready for ETS2MP and will be released as 32bit. After this time, we will begin to port our mod over to 64bit while we await the release of ATS. Once we have a 64bit candidate ready, we will offer this as a download. The 64bit client may be unstable, but we urge players to utilize this version of the client so we can ensure we have the background codebase ready for ATS. After ATS is released, we will be working to get Multiplayer released. In the meantime, if any patches come out for ETS2, we will only be providing updates to the 64bit version of the game. 

We fully understand this may be a very big disappointment for our players who are not on a 64bit opertating systems, however in order for us to move forward with ATS and better ETS2MP features, we must choose now.

^ Yeah. Kat_pw don't said that ETS2 go back in 32Bits after a 1.22 version

76561198274653564.png

Oh its fine. Also i have HP Laptop with Windows 10 64-bit.Because the processor its 64bit. But my RAM is 3 GB so thats why i asked. I will try to upgrade my RAM into 4 GB RAM. Because i cant upgrade it after 4 GB RAM. Also when i use Windows XP its run fine. And on Windows 8 on a acer laptop fine almost without lag.

Atleast im back in the community! :D

Edited by RockeyKnight64

76561198179965755.png5588428238.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should not expect 64bit to magically speed up a slow/old computer. In fact, you should expect it to slow down, ESPECIALLY on laptops. IF that's the case, it's time for an upgrade. If you can't afford to upgrade, it's no one's problem but your own. Developers should not have to hold themselves back to please an obvious MINORITY of players.

• 2 weeks later...