Very Important Information - 64bit

Kat_pw

Lags and freezes are due to your CPU's ability to cache information (loading in trucks), not caused by RAM. (but low ram WILL do this, too). This might fix that for some, might make it worse for others. Fair warning. You need a MINIMUM of a quad core of at least 3GHz to run this mod at 30+ fps in a heavy place like Rotterdam.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Euro Truck more dependent on the processor and GPU than memory? As far as I can tell, switching from 32bit to 64bit yields no better performance in single-player, 3 to 4 frames at best.

Would love a developers input on this, I can understand why the mod is going 64bit for ATSMP, but ETS2MP could still remain 32bit could it not? Seems like it's gonna lose a good chunk of members :huh:

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

^ They could keep the 32bit version, however it would double the work. That's why the devs decided to switch to 64bit.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Isn't Euro Truck more dependent on the processor and GPU than memory? As far as I can tell, switching from 32bit to 64bit yields no better performance in single-player, 3 to 4 frames at best.

Would love a developers input on this, I can understand why the mod is going 64bit for ATSMP, but ETS2MP could still remain 32bit could it not? Seems like it's gonna lose a good chunk of members :huh:

A lot of people's games freeze up when they have to load in a lot of trucks at once, especially on laptops and older systems. It will probably help reduce this, or even eliminate it. Plus most people are using full 64bit systems (just look at Steam Hardware Survey), and holding onto 32bit only holds things back.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks Scar!

@Asterisk, if the user has an older system/laptop, upgrading to 64bit isn't the way to resolve their problems :P that would only assist them if they can upgrade their laptops memory too, to allow more to be used :)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png