Upgrade Downgrade problem

Guest Tygrys330

Question

Guest Tygrys330

When I downgrade / upgrade (version of ets2)... the format of my game doesn't change, and I don't want to be making a new profile....like I have done. I have tried copying the folder moving it everything 5 times or more.

15 answers to this question

Profiles shouldn't be effecting downgrading/upgrading so do not create new profiles or lose any important folders. If you have followed the downgrading instructions correctly, but the version hasn't changed see if you get any error messages while downgrading. When your game version is downgraded you have [temporary_1_21] text next to Euro Truck Simulator 2 text in Steam library.

Common error when downgrading is disk write error. The download quits nearly finished and you get error message of a disk write error. To try fixing this you need to reinstall Euro Truck Simulator 2, but before doing this remember to copy your ETS2 profiles.

Ready to go!

Guest Tygrys330

Profiles shouldn't be effecting downgrading/upgrading so do not create new profiles or lose any important folders. If you have followed the downgrading instructions correctly, but the version hasn't changed see if you get any error messages while downgrading. When your game version is downgraded you have [temporary_1_21] text next to Euro Truck Simulator 2 text in Steam library.

Common error when downgrading is disk write error. The download quits nearly finished and you get error message of a disk write error. To try fixing this you need to reinstall Euro Truck Simulator 2, but before doing this remember to copy your ETS2 profiles.

I done this 5 times before 

Guest Tygrys330

^ Do you get any error messages? Have you played single player with the new version? It might make your profile safe files incompatible with any of the earlier versions causing problems in downgrading. In this case your profiles are actually effecting the problem in downgrading.

Yes I have tried everything 

Guest Tygrys330

that is possible , if you into steam right click on ets2 go to properties go to tab local files and choice first option browse local files

that is the map you need when installing multiplayer 

I think this is more a SCS problem then MP. This is what happens when I downgrade ETS

MPqQhSp.jpg

Guest Tygrys330

you can use older save 1.21 for new update 1.22 but you cannot use 1.22 for 1.21 

you have to choice much older save and you will lose some gameplay if you scroll down

if you ever played on 1.21 then it must be listed way under 

Ehh, I'll just wait :)

Hi, I've had the same problem and figured out a solution.

If the problem is the same that i had, where you try to downgrade and it won't finish downloading because of "Disk read error" or similar, try follow these steps.

1. Right-click your ets2 on steam library and Delete local conent. (Remember to do backup of your profile just in case.)

2. Right-click ets2 and go on Properties > Beta and set to the desired patch.

3. Install the game with your wanted patch assigned.

That did the trick for me :) hope it helps!