Most unplayable Version

Blackstone30

Question

Ok Serious what happend. At the moment ETS2MP is the most Crappy Version ever since the 0.1.2. with WinterMod. Trucks glitching and bumbing with driver's Cap., Horrible Lags, almost impossible to play. Everywhere i go trucks flying through the air, laying on side or else. Pings between 45 und 350 even with my 50k Connection. 

Please fix that quick.

• Upvote 1

24 answers to this question

Yeah, I saw it too. It was all fine last night, though. All the trucks everywhere are bouncing. It's scary! D:

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

It can be due to a wide range of variables - partly the server, with so many trucks say in Rotterdam it can't keep up with sending the data to clients (probably not it but could be).  I've driven in the convoy of around 25 trucks and never had an issue but that was when the server had less than 1000 players.

The answer is simple, un-install the winter mod, might not fix others, but will help you out.

+1.  I installed wintermod with the new update, drove with it or about an hour and didn't like the lag and bouncing - uninstalled it and havn't had much of a problem since. 

We decided to minimze slots amount on Europe 1 server to 2500 to minimize lag. We are going to improve performance within next few days - also we are also going to change host to more powerfull dedicated servers for web, database and game server so everything will be working faster and better .

Yours,
ETS2MP Team

Zadecydowaliśmy się zminimalizować ilość slotów na serwerze Europa 1 do 2500 aby zmniejszyć opóźnienia. Zamierzamy poprawić wydajność w ciągu kilku następnych dni - również zamierzemy zmienić host strony, bazy danych oraz serwera gry na mocniejsze serwery dedykowane dzięki czemu wszystko będzie działać szybciej i lepie

https://www.facebook.com/ets2mpofficial

i have no idea what you guys are talking about, this is probably one of the most stable updates for me, barely any lag issues at all on just standard cable

Recorded just a few minutes ago.

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

The most unstable would be the first ever release, dang was it laggy, and full of trolls. This is actually one of the more stable builds..

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

The bad experience is technically a hardware issue. To reach 20fps in game, your computer can take no longer than 50ms to render each frame. In busy area's, you computer is simple not fast enough rendering each frame in a timely matter. Winter sceneries in every game (much like fog) is a real challenge for most graphics cards. 

Do not forget that ETS2 was never designed for multiplayer use and in single player mode you have in general only 8 to 16 AI vehicles around. The game engine is 'optimized' to make sure you have a pleasant experience with this kind of traffic with even older hardware. However in multiplayer mode it is not uncommon that cities have 30 to 60 players around and your computer has to render each truck. That why Rotterdam/EP gives such a bad experience..

With the new 2500 limit, ETS2MP has basically reduces the number of players on the map and therefor the number of players in busy areas. The downside is that there are now huge amounts of unpopulated areas.

We can only hope that some of the SCS developers also like the MP mod and start optimize the game engine for better crowded area support..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Its not about the Hardware at all...i play with 4-5 friends and we have pretty High-End Computers, all with 50k + Connections and its the same problems like in my first post. Its not the Hardware its a Server Problem. Especially when ppl from all around the world just Join Europe #1 Server. Ping problems like hell. 

try using EU2 it's ridiculous how quiet it is!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.