Your American Rig

Gorkal1ty

Your American Rig  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What brand is your favorite?

2. 2. What is your favorite style?

• Modern Rig (Kenworth T680, Peterbilt 579)
    • Classic Rig (Kenworth W900, Peterbilt 389)

What! No Volvos VNLs? Unacceptable! :<

In the real world, Peterbilt are usually built to last, has better residual value and looks a lot more classic. The crazy thing about it is that, in particular for older models, you can sell for a lot even after many miles/kilo. Kenworth is like a quality lower than Peterbilts and slightly higher than Freightliners.

I prefer Modern over classic because I value that slopping hood over a straight or long hood. More visibility.

Didn't vote, can't decide between Kenworth and Peterbilt. May come back to vote again although I may vote for Kenworth because of one particular model I like.

4030215307613718s.jpg

Somehow I get this feeling everyone is going to be driving volvo trucks in ATS as you can get the 16 liter engine in a standard long haul truck and not a specialized heavy load truck which will most likely never show up in ATS outside of mods

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Brand loyalty :D

Volvo > All else.

Somehow I get this feeling everyone is going to be driving volvo trucks in ATS as you can get the 16 liter engine in a standard long haul truck and not a specialized heavy load truck which will most likely never show up in ATS outside of mods

Technically, IIRC, the most important thing for pulling heavy loads is torque over HP. Even a lowly 310HP Iveco can pull heavy loads as long as it has torque, just that it would be slower than other trucks with higher HP. Of course, IRL if you are driving a truck with a manual (I don't know about automatics), if you are pulling a really heavy load, it's best to rev the power (or apply some gas) a bit while slowly putting the clutch in. That's why, usually, trucks with 18 gears are better for hauling really heavy loads because they have more gears to amplify the torque.

Of course, I'm still learning from this industry so the stuff I say can be potentially wrong.

4030215307613718s.jpg

^ All the trucks locked for ATS so far minus Volvo are all from brands owned by PACCAR, which all have MX13 engines as top torque options.  This puts these big rigs with about as much peak torque as other 13L european engines unless SCS does some changes in how the engines work for ATS (perhaps a wider power band will help?).

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived