Commend System

Suggestion Name: Commend System (Similar to CSGO)

Any example images

Example from CSGO

QCYorF2.png

How I think it should look in ETS2MP

GnrW7F7.png

Smiley Face - Friendly

Hazzard Lights - Thankful

Hand - Patient

Suggestion Description: Adds the ability to commend somebody if they're a friendly driver etc.

Why should it be added?: It'll probably encourage people to drive and act friendly around others so they can collect these commend points. (Only if it is shown in the tab menu, as seen in example image.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

bN1fe9S.png

+1 Great Idea, with great detail!  Looks very promising in my opinion.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

A solid idea. It would give other players a reason to behave as they should though I do have a question.

For negative driving would it be in a bold colour such as red to indicate at a glance that they are a bad driver?

• Upvote 1

Biomass driver of Stobart Trucking VTC

+1 It is one of the better suggestions that I have seen out there because it can create a positive difference and allows the reputation system to eventually become used on more games in the future, it is solid in design. This might be something implemented but can also be a suggestion to the Valve developers and all the other game developers out there that have their base on Steam, so if you wish, Mr OP you can go for it! 

• 2 years later...

+1 Very good idea. Especially it would give other players a reason to behave as the should, because to be honest every one like to collect points :)
I think there shouldn't be any indicator for bad driving tho' - Some people could use it inappropriate way like: "I don't like you, I'll give you bad mark" or just to troll. So just keep the good marks ;)

Edit:
Wow, the thread is from two years ago

• Like 1

I disagree. A system like this can be easily abused, especially if you consider some of the larger VTCs all giving "points" to each other.

Additionally, other than showing that someone is "friendly", this doesn't really serve any purpose other than cluttering the tab list.

Edited by Moh_
  • True Story 4

I think this is a pretty solid idea. It would help me decide whether to be defensive and get ready to swerve out of the way when on the rural roads with oncoming traffic or someone is passing me on the highways.

Of course, it's bound to be abused in some way by some people, but no new feature comes without its faults.

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

I think its a nice idea but as some have pointed out it could be abused by VTC members so maybe there should be a cooldown on how many the user can receive per day so they don't get loads of reputation instantly.

+1

Actually it's not bad idea to make like 3 different ratings for each player like

3 type of players:  Friendly | Tolerant / Patient Aggresive / Risky
Scale:  0 ~ 5 

The question is how every single one of us is going to recieve this type of ratings. Who's going to give it to us or..?  Maybe it can be like Next to the "Report" button in the TAB menu we can have "Rate" button. When u press it u can choose only  1 option from these I mentioned. And you should be able to vote only for another player, NOT rate yourself.