Any RL truckers here?

Obico

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

@darkneon2002 wow, those must be 20' container chassises. Are they extendable? Do they allow for rear fifth wheel hook ups? 

@grampizzel thanks for sharing! That's a very classy looking Kenworth. Personally, I really don't like long nose trucks but they look very awesome. 

So do you go beyond Tennessee and over states and borders? 

4030215307613718s.jpg

^

My bad, I mistaken it for a Kenworth. Pete's resell values are very high and one of the most prized possession, similar to owning a BMW. Detroit, cat engine? 

How much for a motor rebuilt? Just curious. 

4030215307613718s.jpg

That's unfortunate. My boss never gives his trucks an engine overhaul. If it's something major, he sells it.

Simply not worth it. Even when presented to clean the DPF system, he chose the cheaper option by bypassing the system.

He says trucks with engine re-built aren't worth buying anymore. I don't know if this is true but judging by your boss, I say it's money worth spending. Of course, your truck is a Pete so that probably explains why.

Olden CAT engines, my boss has a 1994 Hi-rise sleeper Freightliner with 3176B, can still haul stuff regardless of its HP ratio. The problem is fuel economy. Give a CAT something to haul, it will still pull unlike some engines like Volvos.

4030215307613718s.jpg

she is mean after the rebuild I pulled  50,000 pounds of steel coil over the black mountains didn't drop a gear. It is a hard engine to beat. My boss can really be a penny pincher but he believes in keeping the fleet looking good. This is what my dad drives it used to haul spread axle reefers. Him and his friend who passed away hand riveted the chicken wing 

IMG_04341.jpg.a53ac5196fbaecd8485e10aad7

Quick question, what do you guys think of International Prostars with Cummins ISX? My boss is planning to buy one to replace the fleet. Obviously the Maxxforces are terrible, not surprised the price for those are far below other trucks with different engines. Not sure how many speeds transmission, I'm thinking it's a 13 speed. Details to follow? Maybe. 

4030215307613718s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today I encountered this lovely 2011 Peterbilt T680 Highway Tractor. Not sure what the specs are but it looks so awesome. This must have been recently bought from an auction. 

I had the opportunity to look inside. Very spacious, very luxury like. Had a look under the hood and it has a Paccar engine. Don't know the specs. It's transmission stick has a splitter so I assume it's either 13 speed or 18 speed.

:wub: http://imgur.com/a/Wqwgn :wub:

I would want to drive or own a truck like this... but I don't even have the money to afford something like this... X_X

4030215307613718s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Up till about 3 months ago, I used to drive this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzka3c2vyi543t3/My%20Baby.jpg?dl=0

It was an awesome truck, except when it nearly set on fire twice, suspension snapped, major hydraulic leak, Radio was faulty and kept tripping the fuses, Air brake pipe broke, the bin lift kept seizing up, overheating in summer and both batteries failed.

Apart from that, it was a nice truck to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived