Any RL truckers here?

Obico

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive a yard switcher for a large parcel shipping company, so I spend more time in reverse than going forward.  :D

So a Shunter I suppose? 

More time in reverse is great, lots of practice with backing up pretty much the most essential skills of a trucker ;) 

4030215307613718s.jpg

i work for s small company just outside st ives in the uk called burgess and walker been withthem for just over 3 years now i drive a daf xf 57 plate.

oLsH8dW.jpg

^^

Wait so, the space between the 2 53' trailers you mentioned, is there enough space to open the trailer doors or do you have to open it before backing up?

Blind 90s are difficult, I admit I can't do this yet especially in really tight docks. Some docks have, thankfully, enough space between the other docks so you can open the trailer door after aligning it with the dock or line which helps a lot when you back up. You can adjust later after the trailer is well straighten out with the adjacent docks since you see your blind-side mirror as well.

i work for s small company just outside st ives in the uk called burgess and walker been withthem for just over 3 years now i drive a daf xf 57 plate.

oLsH8dW.jpg

Nice truck. Thanks for sharing!

4030215307613718s.jpg

I am a Truck Driver in Germany, i drive a Scania r410 as a Tandem. I love my Truck but the Job is not perfect. I love American Trucks, High,Big and Power^^

oh  and Long------ my Truck is 18,25m long

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Deamon05
SAL-Logistics|Wir versetzen Berge

I don't think any trucking jobs are ever perfect. There's just too many problems and issues with this. 

I like tandems as well. I think single axles look silly and has really limited potential compared to tandems. I mean, Tandems can haul almost anything except for anything that requires an additional axle for hauling really heavy stuff.

I usually drive something like this:

DSCN1586.JPG

4030215307613718s.jpg

Iam working on a Habour the only truck our Company have is this

Beside that one i drive Shoresidecranes, Wheelloader, Excavator´s and Reachstacker. :)

I'm surprise that there's a container prefix with SEPL. I thought all containers would have a U at the end of it. What SSL or lease company is associated with SEPL?

Also, that's some really interestingly looking shunt truck. The chassis looks really intriguing, there's no four pins and landing gears? That looks much more like a flat bed.

the truck I drive is provided with a swap construction , Pitch 38Europallets. Scania R410 Streamline attachicon.gifmytruck1.png

That looks like a straight truck plus a hitched trailer at the back. Interesting, I don't see these vehicle combinations where I work.

Thanks for sharing!

4030215307613718s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am also a "trucker" I suppose.

These below are 2 of many trucks I drive.  :P

(Pictures are hidden within the spoiler tabs to shorten the post lenght!)

12507586_10208562561847508_115743367210112592694_10208619714076278_6958902406990

Oh and everyone say "Hi" to Rudolph the red nosed reindeers sisters!

12549130_10208578743692044_8736692161066

(Pictures are hidden within the spoiler tabs to shorten the post lenght!)

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Nice truck!!!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I don't see these vehicle combinations at where I work and live. 

Beside that one i drive Shoresidecranes, Wheelloader, Excavator´s and Reachstacker :)

I missed this one, damn, you make me jealous. Operating a Reachstacker must be fun. Hyster? Fantuzzi? Terex? 

What did you need to qualify to operate these reachstackers? Have you operated a vertical stacker? Which one do you prefer?   :P

4030215307613718s.jpg

Nice truck!!!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I don't see these vehicle combinations at where I work and live. 

It's basically only the Scandinavian countries that allows trucks up to 25.25m. They're allowed in Sweden and Finland and then some roads in Norway and Denmark what I know of, Sweden and Finland are also testing out longer combos now what I know of, 32m I think they are and longer.  :)

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

^

That's even longer than what is allowed on my roads. 

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/trucks/handbook/section1-3-7.shtml

"No combination of vehicles is permitted to exceed a length of 23 metres (74.75 ft.) except double- trailer combinations that meet special requirements for both trailers and the tractor."

We do have double trailer combinations, also known as road trains. But Australians can haul even longer trains! :D

It must be challenging to pull something that long especially when your pivotal point is so long making it difficult to turn with a long trailer. 

4030215307613718s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm actually new to MP mod and this would be my first post. (i should right a introduction once)

But I do drive trucks in RL, currently unoccupied. I extended my driving license a week ago from "C" too "C+E" .

Lets say for the Belgium law, Driving a chassis truck with 20.000kg / 44092 lb was no problem, a car with a 1200kg / 2645 lb trailer wasn't allowed,

now I'm allowed to pull trailers above +750kg / 1653 lb with a car as well with trucks.

One day I hope to haul down the roads in Canada for experience, just something with the country and its horizon I have.

So far at a few company's

I've drove a Iveco stralis box carrier for 1 year  -> A lot of music error messages but zero engine problems. No love for iveco but i would use it in a war situation.

A few different DAF trucks box/jumbo when the other drivers were away for absence-> nothing to fancy they get the job done.

A scania 270 or 280 refrigerated box -> Is it me or does Scania do not have cup holders in every truck?

A scania 280 jumbo, again no cup holder !!? Then...then it happened there was that one truck, really old used bad-ass one.

never had any problem with that fella what so ever, so my love goes to Volvo ! no one at the company wanted it so i said, Put a new chair in that baby and I'll take it anywhere.

And you could ask why I wanted to drive a Volvo, well the big love came from my younger years steering this around in the neighborhood !

IMG-2414c-tf-Polypreen-NV,-Lommel-B-Volv

My dad is a life time trucker with a volvo fh12 460. I got a few miles/km tagging along.

25-26 meters can't imagine that in Belgium with the tight turns :lol:  We have a maximum length of 18.75 meters (61.51 ft), other then that is convoy exceptional.

PrivateMcWanted

- How about a warm cup of STFU

Signature is WIP*

Archived