Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Cannot Validate Game Version

Trailmixcapitan

Question

Probably a common error, but I couldn't find any other posts that helped me solve it. Every time I try to launch the multiplayer, it says "cannot validate game version". I hit the "try again" button like a million times and it still doesn't work. I tried doing the "public beta 1.22" opt in and then opting out, but it still won't work. I've tried running as admin, it won't work. Please help.

9 answers to this question

Try to delete winter mod and autumn mod from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer\data\mods"

There are two folders, first one is "frosty 5.4.scs" and second one is "late-autumn_v4_3.scs"

Delete both and check if everything works right now. If yes, you can try to redownload wintermod (frosty_5.4.scs)

Hi Trailmixcapitan,

Can you please run both Steam and ETS2MP as admin? If that not works, then, i think you should uninstall ETS2MP (and delete the ETS2MP folder in Documents) and reinstall again. :/

In order to avoid redownloading the mods (Winter and Spring), you can copy them from C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer\data\mods folder to elsewhere and paste to the same folder again as soon after the reinstalling finishes.

Please inform us those solve your problem.

Happy trucking mate.

PS: Additionally, don't use a VPN when downloading both the MP and the season mods.

I would suggest to create a support ticket here - http://ets2mp.com/support/index.php?a=add

Maybe one of the support team can help.

• Upvote 1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion