[ARCHIVED] [Version 3.0] How do I convoy Guide!

CdBkNw0.png

Hey fellow adventurer! I see you have stumbled across some lagg on the TruckersMP servers! You might be thinking... "Oh my PC is a potato and its slow again." or "Oh my GPU is burning.". Well my friend maybe its not these reasons but maybe if you peek around you might be entering a convoy! That is right a convoy. A bunch of people organized a group "Drive" or "Convoy" for the simple way of saying it. This guide will guide you on how to make the best convoy out there! This version is 3.0 updated 1/1/2017 (New Year huh? xD).

Barre.png

Les Table of Contents

1. What is a convoy?

1.1 Newbies

1.2 Network

2. Examples

2.1 Twitch Streamers

2.2 Rules

3. Preparations

3.1 Basic Route

3.2 Requirements (Truck Skins, DLC's, VTC etc)

3.3 Organizations (Virtual Trucking Company's. Group of people)

3.4 Convoy Leader & Supervisors

3.5 Posting it online!

3.6 Meeting up with the participants

3.7 General tips

4. Software

4.1 Teamspeak 3

4.2 Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer Client

4.3 American Truck Simulator Multiplayer Client

5. Other Helpful Guide's

6. Changelog

1. What is a convoy?

Spoiler

What is a convoy? 1.0

Barre.png

From Wikipedia: " a group of ships or vehicles traveling together, typically accompanied by armed troops, warships, or other vehicles for protection." 

In a sweet and simple way: "Basically a convoy is when a group of trucks or ships travel together with a supervision of a Leader, Staff for protection"  

Spoiler

Newbies 1.1

Barre.png

Alright, So you might be a newbie into the TruckersMP community. You might be asking why are there so much traffic at Rotterdam? Europort? Amsterdam...? Why are you seeing 25 trucks in a line like an evacuation is happening? Well this is the Convoy my friends! Read "What is a convoy" for more information! As I said before, convoys are a way of driving as a group but these aspects must be appropriate with the server rules. Now if you can't control your truck and don't know the basic rules, please go into singleplayer and do some playing first, as on the TruckersMP servers we follow the correct code of conduct in the real world for driving. This means:

• No Ramming
  • No Racing in public areas
  • No Speeding
  • No Parking in the middle of the road

So now you know the basic of you're truck? Lets double check. Indicators? Horn? Speed? Turning? Roundabout lanes? Lanes? Ok so you know all this. Now you're probably asking "Aww Ok Im pro at me truck! Get me into a convoy now!" Ayy mate. Listen don't go to quick as some convoys can be raging! So I will suggest you a website. A good and simple website showing you the convoys happening around the day planned by players from around the world. The site is called Euro Truck Simulator 2 Concoys. Click me! to get to the website. From there you will sign in with your OWN Steam account. This ensures that you have a copy of ETS2/ATS and that you can show you're profile on the website that you're either Going or Interested.

T3Qvly3.png

Website front page. ETS2C.com

Now a convoy that suites you're timings will be displayed like this:

a42XYCF.png

E3wUMsI.png

3yUrQYY.png

As you can see from the images above. There are 5 sections. These will contain all the information you need to know about the convoy. It shows in how many Minutes/Hours the convoy will start. When and where (Petrol station? Service Center? etc..). In the Additional information it will mostly say additional stuff for example TS3 server IP's. DLC required and convoy schedules.

Now if you're ready to participate press the buttons shown below and you know ensured a secure slot for your truck!

xEBRrMN.png  or  fNzMXIa.png .

Spoiler

Network 1.2

Barre.png

Now on every convoy. EVERY! that you see on that website in the additional information or in the general information section it will always show what server it will be on. Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. These contains the following:

• Europe 1 (ETS2)
  • Europe 2 (ETS2)
  • Europe 3 (ETS2)
  • Hong Kong (ETS2)
  • United States 1 (ETS2)
  • South America (ETS2)
  • Convoy 1 (ETS2)
  • Europe 1 (ATS)
  • Europe 2 (ATS)
  • United States 1 (ATS)

Now always make sure to measure the internet speed on you're computer because that is important... You can test you're internet speed on this website called speed test Click me!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Here are my results below:

5185980204.png

As you can see my Upload and Download speed at above 20 Mb/s. If you're internet speed is above 20 mb/s then go to the front or middle of the convoy and you will not lagg out. However if you're Download and Upload speed is below 20 mb/s then you have to be at the END of the convoy and you will most likely not lagg out. Also please remember if you have a low spec PC stay at the end of the convoy!

2. Examples

Spoiler

Spoiler

Examples: Twitch Streamers 2.1

Barre.png

So you might be seeing a lot of players in the ETS2/ATS community and you see them stream on Twitch.tv These are the main attraction to convoys. If you're a highly followed streamer then of course people with the game will show up to you're convoy you planned but remember this is not optional... The Streamers that always plans convoys are either xSgtPepperx or MrsArsenic.

0bSmWVE.pngSgtPepper is a Canadian streamer who lives in Canada but with his beast internet he is able to plan convoys in the Europe servers. He does daily convoys every Friday and also plays a selection of games.

Gy8x8ro.pngMrsArsenic on the other side is a married women. Love to streams and has alot of convoys. She is from the UK and is the UK's main ETS2MP Twitch streamer

SgtPepper has a convoy schedule updated ever week in his channel description so make sure to check it out!

Spoiler

Basic Rules. 2.2

Barre.png

Most convoys will respect daily to everyday life wise traffic rules. Meaning separation and no ramming.

• Now most convoys organized will either put a specified speed or will follow the server speed limits. Most of the time if you are on TS3 (Will talk in this guide bout TS3, just keep reading) with the convoy group, the leader will either tell the convoy to slow down or to keep going.
  • If you need to go refuel most of the time convoy leaders will set break points for refueling and more!
  • Never EVER over pass someone on a convoy this is NOT a race!
  • Be a safe distance away from the truck in front of you! (Laggy players may lagg and cause a big crash!)
  • If you have a slow internet connection, stay at the BACK of the convoy so you do not lagg and make multiple crashes and traffic jams.
  • If you"re computer is a low-end PC make sure to stay at the BACK of the convoy so you do not crash any one!

If you follow these rules then of course the convoy will be fun for everyone but if you're a naughty banter who likes to be a drift racer I suggest you go back to some Need for Speed! And some Call of Duty.

3. Preparations

Spoiler

Preperations: Basic Route 3.1

Barre.png

A route is a way of going some where for example you want to go to TESCO for a random reason and you need to know where to go. If you look on a map you will see the correct way to get to TESCO! Same thing with ETS2/ATS with most games the GPS will do a route for you but a screenshot of it is good for people who needs to see the route as some trailers might not go the same way.

An example of a route map is here below:

14DC8441894D74BFA0CB606D59AE747067A75D36

Of course some trailers will need you to have the Scandinavian or Going East! DLC in order for the route to work. Make sure you include that in the convoy description so people are aware!

Spoiler

Requirements 3.2

Barre.png

As I have said before you will need to include weather you need the DLC or not for this convoy. Once I got pissed because I forgot to read it and I actually went smack into the boundry.. (NO DLC). Also if you're convoy needs an Age restriction put it! As some youngsters might be interrupting you're driving and act immature.. 

So who is hosting this convoy? Are you partnering with a VTC? A group? You need to state who will be doing it as it will give reputation for the convoy organizers.

Spoiler

Leaders & Supervisors 3.4

Barre.png

If you want a good convoy without fuss get a Convoy Leader at the front and some Supervisors to help along (Top, Mid, Bottom), if they find any trouble they will report to an Admin! This will also protect you from Immature people and from racers. This will make the convoy 100% more fun for your participants! And it will give you a good reputation!

Spoiler

Posting it online! 3.5

Barre.png

Most convoys are posted on ETS2C (http://ets2c.com). Make sure to include TS3 if you want a voice server and the requirements I posted here, it will help a lot of people on knowing what they need. Also since the new CB radio update make sure to include which channel the voice chat will be on!

Spoiler

Meeting up with the participants! 3.6

Barre.png

Now for the meetup make sure you are specific for example Paris, Hotel the truckers will meet there so be specific! Also include weather they need to bring a trailer with them or not! The participants must be aware from where to where you are going. Refer to "Routes" for more information.

Spoiler

General Tips 3.7

Barre.png

Alright, for a good and interesting/attracting convoy I suggest that you make it fun! Like if you're on a livestream put music, add giveaways (If you have the Money!) and add more destinations! The longer it is the more fun you will get out of this convoy! and of course the more people will come!

4. Software

Spoiler

Software: Teamspeak 3

Barre.png

So after reading about this teamspeak 3 thing, you might be wondering what the hell is it? Well, it makes voice chatting easier. For example if you own Skype, you know that it is very laggy during gaming and that causes the computer to lose memory and make you're PC crash. Now Teamspeak has fixed all those problems! It uses a small amount of memory and runs in the background! All you need is a microphone and a PTT button! (Push to talk). It makes it easier and with PTT no need to hear your friends muttering or shouting.

Spoiler

Software

Barre.png

Of course you will need the ETS2MP Multiplayer client! You need this software, or if you don't already have it check this guide out! (Link: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/158-how-to-get-started-in-multiplayer-with-mods-tips/)

NOTE: American Truck Simulator 2 Installation is the same as this one! ^

5. Other Helpful Guide's

Changelog

Barre.png

1/1/2017 Happy new year! Version 3.0 released! Totally new name and banner!
- 3/21/2016 Version 2 of this guide is released! I had to re write the guide so it fits with the new name! TruckersMP. Added custom banners/seperators
- 12/17/2015: Added Changelog, Other helpful guids, software. Added more text to the sections. Added MrsArsenic in Twitch Streamers. Added TS3 Sections. Added Software Section. Added General Tips.

Edited by GordonRamsayExperience
Version v3.0 is released!

Great guide, with lots of detail. I'm not sure if there is already a guide out there for convoys, but nice :)

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 12/30/2016 at 11:18 AM, ravens said:

If it says no trailer does that mean everyone meets, then goes to one location to all pick up a trailer for the destination?

If it does say trailer, do you get one and then show up at the meeting spot.

It it says no trailer it basically means that you dont need a trailer. However it depends on the convoy organizer! 

Version 3.0 Has been released with brand new features to the guide!

• Added Spoilers for a more clean look
  • Added new separators
  • New Logo! (Image courtesy of TruckersMP)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...