Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[ARCHIVED]Downgrading and Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

DerAmpelmann
Message added by Phon,

This guide is archived and may not be up to date.

Please refer to the Knowledge Base for updated instructions.

i downgraded my Euro Truck Simulator 2 and still its not working? i have a 64bit  its says: 

unsupported game version detected to play you need to have ETS2 v. 1.24.2.2s [e03a6b98df74] do you need to help with downgrading? and the text says above that Fatal Error 

and if i click on yes in stock and i have my version with ETS2 on 1.24 and still its not working :(

pelase help me  

@sniperman If you played with the latest update, your game saves became incompatible with earlier version. You will need to load earlier save, but it means you will lose your game progress you got while using the latest version. If you don't want to lose your game progress, you can either not play multiplayer and wait for the update or do this:

1. Upgrade game back to the latest version.

2. Go in to the game and make a new manual save. Do not overwrite earlier save. That will make finding the right save file difficult.

3. Find the folder of the profile you manually saved. You'll most likely find it following this path: 2507c75ca5d2e2a3e3e677d458a64455.png

4. Open the profile folder. The folder is randomly named (e.g. 7A878532).

6. Inside it open save folder.

7. Find the last manual save. Manual saves count up starting from 1 and the newest will have the biggest number.

8. Cut the manual save and paste it in any folder you want to keep it in as long as you don't paste it inside Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder. You'll need the save later.

9. Downgrade Euro Truck Simulator 2.

10. Load earlier and compatible game save and you're playing in multiplayer again!

11. After multiplayer update or when you want to play the newest version, upgrade ETS2.

12. Paste the manual save back in to the save folder of your profile.

13. Start ETS2 and load the manual save and you have your your game progress back.

I hope this helps (and works as I haven't tested this really), 

TruckBro

Edited by TruckBro
Changed the path to correct one.

Ready to go!

On 13/9/2016 at 5:16 PM, TruckBro said:

@sniperman If you played with the latest update, your game saves became incompatible with earlier version. You will need to load earlier save, but it means you will lose your game progress you got while using the latest version. If you don't want to lose your game progress, you can either not play multiplayer and wait for the update or do this:

1. Upgrade game back to the latest version.

2. Go in to the game and make a new manual save. Do not overwrite earlier save. That will make finding the right save file difficult.

3. Find the folder of the profile you manually saved. You'll most likely find it following this path: 2507c75ca5d2e2a3e3e677d458a64455.png

4. Open the profile folder. The folder is randomly named (e.g. 7A878532).

6. Inside it open save folder.

7. Find the last manual save. Manual saves count up starting from 1 and the newest will have the biggest number.

8. Cut the manual save and paste it in any folder you want to keep it in as long as you don't paste it inside Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder. You'll need the save later.

9. Downgrade Euro Truck Simulator 2.

10. Load earlier and compatible game save and you're playing in multiplayer again!

11. After multiplayer update or when you want to play the newest version, upgrade ETS2.

12. Paste the manual save back in to the save folder of your profile.

13. Start ETS2 and load the manual save and you have your your game progress back.

I hope this helps (and works as I haven't tested this really), 

TruckBro

thanks it works!