[ARCHIVED]Downgrading and Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

DerAmpelmann
Message added by Phon,

This guide is archived and may not be up to date.

Please refer to the Knowledge Base for updated instructions.

Great guide. There has been so many Threads from the Help Section about this, so this will really help players who need to downgrade. Brilliant, and detailed guide!

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Guest Tygrys330

When I down grade / Upgrade... the format of my game doesn't change, and I don't want to be making a new profile....like I have done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

Game is on 1.22.2.8, MP client installed but the game won't start (Cannot validate game version)

Same with ATS. Both games bought via steam.

Has anyone an idea why it isn't working? :wacko:

8 hours ago, Playsier said:

Hello,

Game is on 1.22.2.8, MP client installed but the game won't start (Cannot validate game version)

Same with ATS. Both games bought via steam.

Has anyone an idea why it isn't working? :wacko:

Please post these sorts of topics in the help section; https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/55-help/

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

I follow the same steps an this guide an selected the version: temporary_1_1-1.1x on the BETAS tab that is what I did to get MP running again for ATS. Hopefully, this resolves the issues for some users who're experiencing the same issue.

On 4/11/2016 at 11:45 PM, rfoster327 said:

I follow the same steps an this guide an selected the version: temporary_1_1-1.1x on the BETAS tab that is what I did to get MP running again for ATS. Hopefully, this resolves the issues for some users who're experiencing the same issue.

Oh, my bad. I missed that you meant ATS. That would be correct.

Edited by TruckBro
I didn't read quoted post carefully.

Ready to go!

This is when downgrading the game to the version as written above and click "start" at "Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer".

I tried to do this the first time I had a newer version and when I was logged into ets2mp I didn't see any jobs at the freight market, did I do something wrong or was the servers having a wee-bit of a problem then?

Edit: It was the servers. I tested it now and it all works fine and dandy! 

I'll leave this here in case anyone have same issue in the future.

^ @MrZin Jobs missing from the freight market is a common bug caused by difference in sp and mp time. In mp the time keeps passing when you're not on the server which causes job offer times to expire. For some reason the new jobs replacing the expired jobs won't show up in the freight market, just at every individual company.

To fix this you need to quick travel between garages, be "towed" to repair (F7 + Enter) or sleep. Sleeping isn't always possible as you get tired very slowly in mp.

Edited by TruckBro
Tagged MrZin in to the post

Ready to go!

On 13.04.2016 at 7:32 AM, StreamBG said:

Open Steam's library -> right lick on Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> left click on Properties -> go to the tab named BETAS -> and choose "temporary_1_22 - 1.22.x for incompatible mods" -> click Close and wait until Steam automatically download the choosen ETS2 version for you

See the attached image for more info :)

ets2.png

Currently overlay MP does not support the latest version of the game.
Therefore, you need to go back to version 1.22