[ARCHIVED]Downgrading and Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

DerAmpelmann
Message added by Phon,

This guide is archived and may not be up to date.

Please refer to the Knowledge Base for updated instructions.

@roxette An update will be released when its ready, there is no ETA as to when the update will release. Please be patient. When the update is released, you will know about it, but for now, you can downgrade and play via the 1.27 version.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

@bartekbudzikpl See the other guide I've mentioned to try solving that issue:

On 12/15/2015 at 7:53 PM, DerAmpelmann said:

Unsupported version detected when using the supported version

If you have followed the steps provided in the downgrading or the upgrading guide above, but the launcher still claims that the version of ETS2 is an unsupported one, view this guide created by ResTed for a possible solution.

Ready to go!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, did i understand correctly ?

New ETS2 version is 1.30 but TruckersMP supports version 1.28 for now. So, we must downgrade ETS2 to version 1.28 again from Steam.

Accordingly, we can't play the latest version of ETS2 in TruckersMP. (We can play the latest version as Offline only?)

So, we need to wait new update for TruckersMP?

Sorry for my bad English. Thanks...

Ah, we can't connect to "World of Trucks" for the get new jobs. (Need to upgrade latest version) So, I offer you all: Update to 1.30 version and play without TruckersMP. Then, wait for new update of TruckersMP.

Edit 1:

Hi again!

I have problem:

I decided to play version 1.30 again and changed it as "opt out of all beta programs". Then, system updated to version 1.30. But, it failed when download finished. (Error message: MISSING FILE PRIVILEGES)

Later, I deleted game from Steam and downloaded again. But I get still "MISSING FILE PRIVILEGES" message. Please, help me...

Edit 2: I solved the problem. Click steam and run as administrator. Then you can upgrade to latest version.

Edited by MettleMeat
Posts merged.

There is a new version for ETS2 (1.30.1.14) which isn't yet supported in TruckersMP. The new Special Transport DLC isn't supported (yet)* either.

In order to play in TruckersMP, you must uninstall the DLC and then downgrade your game version. See the instructions on the first page of this guide.

*As far as I know, there is no information yet whether it will be supported or not.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Added link to the announcement

Ready to go!