[ARCHIVED]Downgrading and Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

DerAmpelmann
Message added by Phon,

This guide is archived and may not be up to date.

Please refer to the Knowledge Base for updated instructions.

3 minutes ago, DerAmpelmann said:

@Elestrado  Я не 100% уверен , что вы пытаетесь спросить, но это необходимо понизить до 1.27.x для того , чтобы играть в TruckersMP. TruckersMP не совместим с 1.27.2.1s еще.

Ok, thanks. Yes you are right. This is Google translator, sorry. I'm confused. So I refuse from beta testing in properties. Although I just started with 1.27x but there was only a standalone mode. Thanks admin!

Hello @flyingdutchman22 !

• Multiplayer is currently compatible with only previous version of ETS2 (1.27.1.7s)
  • The Heavy Cargo Pack and the new items (chassis, tuning parts, paint jobs) are compatible with the latest version (1.27.2.1s)
  • You can use the new items and the new DLC in TruckersMP after the latest version is compatible.
  • If you want to use TruckersMP, downgrade to 1.27.1.7s (see "How to downgrade Euro Truck Simulator 2 version") and if you want to use the new items, use the latest version (see "How to upgrade Euro Truck Simulator 2 version").
  • You can only pick between TruckersMP or playing with the new items and DLC for now. You can have both after TruckersMP is updated to become compatible with the latest ETS2 version and the Heavy Cargo Pack.

Happy multiplayer trucking or heavy hauling!

Ampelmann

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!

Solved by reference to the tutorial, online login page, but the log files into a game show is "unable to obtain information on the content of the connected to the server with the current version of the game is not compatible, please check for updates" game can only be offline games, not online What should I do?

@106666802 The error you get is for World of Trucks not being compatible with the version. It's not "continue offline" as continue offline instead of multiplayer.

16 hours ago, DerAmpelmann said:

You need to click "Continue offline" which is the option on the left. You won't be able to use external contracts, but you'll be able to play in multiplayer.

Ready to go!

31 minutes ago, DerAmpelmann said:

What is written in the quote. Click "continue offline" which is the option on the left in the error message.

I tried it just now as you said. Multiplayer, thank you for being Chinese

Hi there, I noticed a few people are having the same issue I was yesterday.

Complete the following steps and you can go back on truckersmp if you've updated your game:

1. Downgrade your game to "temporary_1_27"
  2. Once the downgrade has finished, launch ETS2 in single player
  3. Now quit ETS2 single player
  4. Next, launch the TruckersMP launcher like you'd normally do and just launch ETS2 via that

Note: This worked for me and 6 of my friends, so if this doesn't work for you then I don't know a fix.

Regards,

Mousey59.

Hello, I think I understood your problem. Did you buy the latest DLC released yesterday's "Heavy Cargo Pack"? Indeed if you buy and already activate, to be able to play multiplayer, you are forced to disable it to play.

For it :
1) Go to your Steam library
2) And watch all the DLC you own
3) Then uncheck the DLC "Heavy Cargo Park".

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

I have already tried launching single player then multiplayer and it hasn't helped as singleplayer also has the same problem
I didn't purchase the Heavy Cargo DLC.

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Do you think it may be because I played some singleplayer with the update and thats what stopping it?

Edited by peteyboy256
added that I had the same problem in singleplayer

5 hours ago, peteyboy256 said:

I downgraded the game as shown in the instructions but still cant play.
I get "unable to fetch information about connected content. The service is not compatible with the current version of the game. Please check if a new patch for the game is available."

You get that error message because of World of Trucks not being compatible with the previous version. Click "continue in offline mode". You'll be able to connect to the servers normally, but you won't be able to use external contracts.

Ready to go!

57 minutes ago, DerAmpelmann said:

You get that error message because of World of Trucks not being compatible with the previous version. Click "continue in offline mode". You'll be able to connect to the servers normally, but you won't be able to use external contracts.

I did try that before but it said my saves could not be loaded and could be corrupt but I could use them on single player fine.
But I was just trying out the vr version by changing the version for vr after that I then changed back to the 1.27x and it has started working fine. 

So if anyone else has a problem with loading it up try do what I did.

1 minute ago, DerAmpelmann said:

The latest version of ETS2 (1.27.2.1s) and Heavy Cargo Pack are now compatible with TruckersMP! Happy trucking!

I would like to play but I get the following error

"Connection refused. You are using an invalid client."

I see a lot of people have this problem, any fix for this?