1. 1. Would you like to see this added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
  2. 2. Would you use it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
  3. 3. How would you use this? (You can select more than one)

• Only Admins
    • Only Convoys
    • Only extended player range
    • Only Warning Blips
    • All but the Admins
    • All but the Convoys
    • All but the extended player range
    • All but the Warning Blips
    • Other (Leave in the comments)
    • ALL Selections

Not a bad suggestion but 1 floor. If someone goes Afk and does not turn the triangle on that means that they won't be seen. It means that it is manual process. Therefore trollers would just park willy nilly across the road at night with the problem with not being seen. This system would have to be automatic in order for it to work.

Well, that's the plan! Like I said, the whole idea behind this, is that the only thing that us players would be able to do is toggle whether or not we see those blips... The rest is done either /joinconvoy suchysuch, the Admins turn on their blips, or it's done automatically by collision sensing.

Initially, when I had this idea, the whole thing would be

"Toggle to see Admins in GPS"

"Toggle to see your joined convoy"

"Toggle to see accidents"

"Toggle All On/Off"

Sorry if this isn't comprehensive, I'm typing this at 3am....

• 3 weeks later...

- 1) Give the Admins a slightly larger RED blip. (O)

- - - - This is so that when you're approaching an area, you can see the Admin... HOWEVER, the catch to this is that the ADMINS will decide whether or not to turn themselves on or off... For instance, they would use this when assisting with traffic issues, such as Jams, or surveying convoys, etc.

Why not (And my suggestion, if an admin decides to be seen from the others players we could see it on the Tab). +1

- 2) Give the convoys an option to be in green blips. o

- - - - This would be used, so you know who's convoy you're in! Perhaps a "login" into "Suchy such Convoy" and you'll see your convoy! Should you stray away from the group, this could help you when it comes to finding your team. Other convoys would not show up green for you.

Yes, it could work with a list on the ETS2MP options where you would enter the SteamID64/ETS2MPID. Something like what I suggested some months ago :

ets2_010.png

+1

- 3) Update the blip system.

- - - - What I mean by this, is that you should be able to see the blips a little further away. Sometimes they're out of your view or tab, and you can't find them. This would essentially just widen the area a little more.

At this moment the dots we see are what we have on the tab (This way your PC doesn't have to load EVERY truck's position on the map, only the ones that are in your tab range. -1

- 4) Add WARNING blips. /!\-/!\-/!\

- - - - These would be for major accidents, stopped groups, and an essential warning when you're driving... Just last night I was driving with a group, only for them to vanish from my tab... When I came around a curve, right instantly I found myself slammed into the 2 trucks that were already slammed there... This blip would be a triangle ! blip, and look similar to /!\ ... RED ones would be for accidents (AutoSaves seem to save right after a major wreck, so I think this could work), and orange ones for non-moving trucks ON ROAD, and Yellow for stopped trucks on the side. I don't know if those are doable, but it would be cool.

No, firstly if you want to have special dots for accidents, but how could the game know if there was an accident (Don't answer me "If get a collision" because if I stop my self on an emergency lane and I touch the border the game will detect a collision, but to me it's not an accident). Then, you want to have differents dots to differenciate trucks parked on road and those parked out of the road, but how could the game know that, devs would need to take every road of the map to code where a truck is considered "on road", where a truck is considered "out of road" (Because for example to me if you're on the emergency lane you're not on road but to the game yes you're on road). And imagine in a city, your GPS you'd look like that :

gif6lisalindsay-1.gif

Admin blips no, it would help people who troll since they could just stop doing it if an admin comes nearby. I don't really see the any advantage this would bring. Convoy blips, maybe. Warning blips, yes - the blip itself could be animated (like pulsing red 'signals') so people would notice it faster and it could prevent some accidents. People who are honking could also get a custom blip.

Thanks for the opinions and comments!!

Each option has it's ups and downs, yes, but at the same time, some GPSs actually have some of these abilities, such as warnings, and accidents. I think it depends on how you look at them! :D

When poeple see admins they are behaving normal, so if they would see the icon, they would stop breaking rules which means that we, the admins, cannot observe them

When is a convoy a convoy.

you can turn that function off. And at least it'll mean convoys won't have many rammers and rule breakers.

If what I said was helpful or you liked it, please press the vote up button :)  

OnlyVolvoDriver.gifteam_team-veteran2.png

I actually turned it off because the extrasensory perception was freaking me out. It's already much more than you should need, but apparently it isn't enough? That would be a 'no' from me.

As for the internals of warning blips, as far as I can tell the server doesn't run any game logic. Asking the client for something like damage doesn't seem like a good idea because of cheating potential. Perhaps hard braking could be detected. There might be some conflation with bad lag but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Additionally, being on track for a likely collision, especially with a great speed difference, could trigger it.

• 3 years later...