1. 1. Would you like to see this added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
  2. 2. Would you use it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
  3. 3. How would you use this? (You can select more than one)

• Only Admins
    • Only Convoys
    • Only extended player range
    • Only Warning Blips
    • All but the Admins
    • All but the Convoys
    • All but the extended player range
    • All but the Warning Blips
    • Other (Leave in the comments)
    • ALL Selections

Suggestion Name: GPS Updates

Suggestion Description: Update the GPS, with a few more icons.

Any example images: Not at the moment.

Why should it be added?: Well, as you all know, the GPS was just recently updated, to show blips for where other trucks are! Well, I was at work today, and I go to thinking about some new GPS's that have "updated" technology, and that it could be useful for the game!

- 1) Give the Admins a slightly larger RED blip. (O)
- - - - This is so that when you're approaching an area, you can see the Admin... HOWEVER, the catch to this is that the ADMINS will decide whether or not to turn themselves on or off... For instance, they would use this when assisting with traffic issues, such as Jams, or surveying convoys, etc.

- 2) Give the convoys an option to be in green blips. o
- - - - This would be used, so you know who's convoy you're in! Perhaps a "login" into "Suchy such Convoy" and you'll see your convoy! Should you stray away from the group, this could help you when it comes to finding your team. Other convoys would not show up green for you.

- 3) Update the blip system.
- - - - What I mean by this, is that you should be able to see the blips a little further away. Sometimes they're out of your view or tab, and you can't find them. This would essentially just widen the area a little more.

- 4) Add WARNING blips. /!\-/!\-/!\
- - - - These would be for major accidents, stopped groups, and an essential warning when you're driving... Just last night I was driving with a group, only for them to vanish from my tab... When I came around a curve, right instantly I found myself slammed into the 2 trucks that were already slammed there... This blip would be a triangle ! blip, and look similar to /!\ ... RED ones would be for accidents (AutoSaves seem to save right after a major wreck, so I think this could work), and orange ones for non-moving trucks ON ROAD, and Yellow for stopped trucks on the side. I don't know if those are doable, but it would be cool.

Honestly, some GPS's have stuff like this nowadays, and if it's not too hard, I think it would be very useful! :D

• Upvote 1

The first one can be useful. About the others: I don't want my GPS to look like Pacman screen. lol.

I meant to include (and I apologize) that this can be set as a switchable feature, with an on/off switch, depending on whether or not you wanna see it.

I really like the idea here, the only one I'm not sure about is number two. As a Convoy Controller, I don't think having a blip would be needed as;

• We're usually putting out messages, making us known
  • It's already too late to turn around once that convoy's hit your tab :P

I feel number three needs to happen, and it would go together really well with the fourth point :)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

Ahh, apologies, I read it wrong! It's getting late and I've not had coffee ;)

I think that could be a nice thing to add, I'm all for all four. Have my +1 also :)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

- 1) Give the Admins a slightly larger RED blip. (O)

- - - - This is so that when you're approaching an area, you can see the Admin... HOWEVER, the catch to this is that the ADMINS will decide whether or not to turn themselves on or off... For instance, they would use this when assisting with traffic issues, such as Jams, or surveying convoys, etc.

When poeple see admins they are behaving normal, so if they would see the icon, they would stop breaking rules which means that we, the admins, cannot observe them

- 2) Give the convoys an option to be in green blips. o

- - - - This would be used, so you know who's convoy you're in! Perhaps a "login" into "Suchy such Convoy" and you'll see your convoy! Should you stray away from the group, this could help you when it comes to finding your team. Other convoys would not show up green for you.

When is a convoy a convoy. There must be a table to manage that and every participant would need that or if you disconnect, you need to be registered as a participant again which is too much work

- 3) Update the blip system.

- - - - What I mean by this, is that you should be able to see the blips a little further away. Sometimes they're out of your view or tab, and you can't find them. This would essentially just widen the area a little more.

They appear on your map as soon as they appear on your tab list.

- 4) Add WARNING blips. /!\-/!\-/!\

- - - - These would be for major accidents, stopped groups, and an essential warning when you're driving... Just last night I was driving with a group, only for them to vanish from my tab... When I came around a curve, right instantly I found myself slammed into the 2 trucks that were already slammed there... This blip would be a triangle ! blip, and look similar to /!\ ... RED ones would be for accidents (AutoSaves seem to save right after a major wreck, so I think this could work), and orange ones for non-moving trucks ON ROAD, and Yellow for stopped trucks on the side. I don't know if those are doable, but it would be cool.

If you take a look closer on the map, you would have seen that they are not moving which could imply exactly that, that there is an accident.

Also, who should "activate" those icons? If a player would do that, you would get trolls using that wrong and admins are already busy. And if they come there, they will figure out that situation quite fast

• Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I think this would be nice to add. I agree with SARAJ though, I don't want my GPS looking like a pacman screen either. But good idea,  +! for me.

Happy Trucking,

Philip.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

I like the idea of the convoys having green blips and the admins having red, but I'm not too sure about the other two. Good idea though and I like it!

This is a clever idea to implement overall, however trolls would abuse the warning blip and place red icons everywhere to attract the attention of IGAs everywhere across the map and divert them away from the more important places e.g. Rotterdam/EP. This would result in a further four-fold increase in trolling across the servers overall because people can largely ram into another player and escape punishment for a long period of time. 

It would be useful to incorporate ETS2MAP.com features into both the world map and the GPS, but it would create CPU and privacy issues doing this. 

About the admin blip, admins should not be visible when they are flying around the map because it would be too obvious for trolls to know. 

Convoys are just too difficult to program for computational reasons (when is the convoy taking place? How many participants?) 

The warning icons can however be edited so that it is more robot-styled but again it is quite difficult to code doing it that way. 

Overall, not much to say except it is a very good concept but needs a lot of work if this suggestion is going to work successfully. 

In my opinion this would not be a good thing to add into MP for a few reasons:

1. We have the blue dots to show any player on ets2mp.

2. If people know they are near an admin they will behave untill the admin passes meaning trolls would get away with more in my opinion

3. Road Traffic Collisions or Traffic Jams can already be spotted when you see multiple blue dots stopped on the map.

-1 From me

This is a clever idea to implement overall, however trolls would abuse the warning blip and place red icons everywhere to attract the attention of IGAs everywhere across the map and divert them away from the more important places e.g. Rotterdam/EP. This would result in a further four-fold increase in trolling across the servers overall because people can largely ram into another player and escape punishment for a long period of time. 

It would be useful to incorporate ETS2MAP.com features into both the world map and the GPS, but it would create CPU and privacy issues doing this. 

About the admin blip, admins should not be visible when they are flying around the map because it would be too obvious for trolls to know. 

Convoys are just too difficult to program for computational reasons (when is the convoy taking place? How many participants?) 

The warning icons can however be edited so that it is more robot-styled but again it is quite difficult to code doing it that way. 

Overall, not much to say except it is a very good concept but needs a lot of work if this suggestion is going to work successfully. 

The warning icons are not meant to be toggled by the players at all!! When I'm saying the players toggle it, I'm saying they toggle the ability to see it or not. The warning icons would not be enabled by the player, but "robotically" by the game when something occurs...

As far as convoys go, it depends on if the CONVOY LEADER wishes to "enable the convoy", and would give the name of the convoy to the members. It would be something like "/startconvoy Blobby" in which anyone with that name would do "/joinconvoy Blobby" and they see those blips. The CONVOY LEADER would start and end the convoy.

In my opinion this would not be a good thing to add into MP for a few reasons:

1. We have the blue dots to show any player on ets2mp.

2. If people know they are near an admin they will behave untill the admin passes meaning trolls would get away with more in my opinion

3. Road Traffic Collisions or Traffic Jams can already be spotted when you see multiple blue dots stopped on the map.

-1 From me

When I say ADMIN BLIPS, I'm saying the ADMIN TOGGLES IT, for TRAFFIC REASONS, this would not be on all the time, only if the Admin wishes to be SEEN. Multiple blue dots stopped on the map don't show much, as they could be stopped IN the road, ON the road, or ON THE SIDE. Just recently I've had issues with trucks not appearing until the last minute, and I'm NOT the only one! That's why the warning blips would be there on your map, incase there's a delay of loading, or it's on a blind corner.

+1 from me. A well thought idea that can be helpful while on the road. Not too sure why people are going off on the admin blip thing. If you read the OP, it would be the admin's option to toggle it on or off, as needed. It's not like there will be a constant red blip for the admin at all times.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Personally i dont like this suggestion, that makes the game less realistic

Honestly, some modern GPS's start to show a lot of stuff similar to the ones this suggestion brings up! There's apps on the phone that can show police, or accidents as well..

I see how some of these could be useful.. I especially like the 1st option you mentioned :)

Thank you!! Hopefully the Admins could use this, at their own discretion, of course!!

+1 from me. A well thought idea that can be helpful while on the road. Not too sure why people are going off on the admin blip thing. If you read the OP, it would be the admin's option to toggle it on or off, as needed. It's not like there will be a constant red blip for the admin at all times.

The only thing we as players would be able to toggle, is the ability to see it all! :D My plan didn't have the Admin one on at all times. Thanks for pointing it out again! :D

i'd love this, as long as we get an option to toggle it of.....

That's one of the plans! :D

• Upvote 1

I like this suggestion:

- 1) Admin Blips: Well, after the admins will be placed in somewhere soon with their "police cars" in the road it will be nice to see them in another colour. It wont help "trolls" in anyway in my opinión, as the admins will always be in dev mode above us seing what they want, without having anything in common with the car position. However, I do see this like the less interesting.

- 2) Convoy Blips: Quite usefull. I suppose we could just use a command to change our blip colour? Well, its obvious lots of trolls would use this to enter a convoy and try to confuse people but... I dont think it´s something to care about as long as it just helps seing those without convoy who may want to join, or whatever.

- 4) Warning Blips: THIS IS INTERESTING. And my addition is:

- What if the Warning blip could automatically be displayed instead of the estandar blip when we use the Warning Signals of our truck? I think it could be easy to do and really usefull. It´s obvious some trolls would abuse but... well, that may be reported as long as it´s a real law to not use warning signals with no reason in real life.

- What about changing automatically our blip into Warning blip when having a collission?, staying in warning for about... 5 seconds, and then automatically restoring.

lkRjRkb.png

I like this suggestion:

- 1) Admin Blips: Well, after the admins will be placed in somewhere soon with their "police cars" in the road it will be nice to see them in another colour. It wont help "trolls" in anyway in my opinión, as the admins will always be in dev mode above us seing what they want, without having anything in common with the car position. However, I do see this like the less interesting.

- 2) Convoy Blips: Quite usefull. I suppose we could just use a command to change our blip colour? Well, its obvious lots of trolls would use this to enter a convoy and try to confuse people but... I dont think it´s something to care about as long as it just helps seing those without convoy who may want to join, or whatever.

- 4) Warning Blips: THIS IS INTERESTING. And my addition is:

- What if the Warning blip could automatically be displayed instead of the estandar blip when we use the Warning Signals of our truck? I think it could be easy to do and really usefull. It´s obvious some trolls would abuse but... well, that may be reported as long as it´s a real law to not use warning signals with no reason in real life.

- What about changing automatically our blip into Warning blip when having a collission?, staying in warning for about... 5 seconds, and then automatically restoring.

LOL YES!!!! That's what I was referring to!! If the game can autosave RIGHT AFTER a major accident, why not do the same for if there's a collision? The blip pops up, we don't turn it on.

• Project Manager

Not a bad suggestion but 1 floor. If someone goes Afk and does not turn the triangle on that means that they won't be seen. It means that it is manual process. Therefore trollers would just park willy nilly across the road at night with the problem with not being seen. This system would have to be automatic in order for it to work.

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events