ETS2MP Police Car flashing front and rear lights

bestgolfer86

Suggestion Name: 
ETS2MP Police Car flashing front and rear lights

Suggestion Description:
This is a small addition which I could see added onto the superb looking new admin Police Car soon to be released. It simply adds flashing front headlights and rear red lights to any vehicle driven, triggered from the beacon button using only the built in lights in the ETS2 game.

I've made a solution and tested it using a truck, but would be able to be applied to the police car model. Also, it can obviously be tweaked in many ways to suit;
  • Alter the flashing speeds (slower/faster)
  • Use alternative colours (e.g. flashing blue in the halogen side lights)
  • Change the light positions (e.g. flashing white fog lights instead of headlights)
Any example images videos: 
Couple of YouTube videos showing proof of concept;
Why should it be added?:
  • Improved realism
  • All components are native to the vanilla ETS2 game, i.e. no additional 3D models/external mods needed
  • Triggered using the beacon button (like the existing lights on the car)
  • Looks cool !

P.S. I would have attached the source code here, although it is not allowing me to for some reason. Ask me if you want the source code to test it out yourself!

• Upvote 1

where are the blue flashy lights xD

This is an addition to the police car blue lights already used XD

I have created an Emergency Services mod using other third-party models, with flashing blue LED lights myself though - here's a couple of taster screenshots of the Fire Engine mod if you're interested  :)

xtutQS6.jpgwtflWUZ.jpg

• Upvote 2

where are the blue flashy lights xD

Very funny ^_^ but one secret i created this username from http://www.spinxo.com ;)

On topic: Not needed its just for admins its not important and if we get the car we dont get the car with sirens just normal

Edited by FlashyLights
  • Upvote 1

Its a very minor addition to the admin police car - nothing radical - two minute copy-paste for what I think could be a small improvement :)

if we get the car we dont get the car with sirens just normal

I'm well aware this is just for admins, this addition is for their police car which we will all see...

Guys, please - lets first wait for it to be added, shall we?  

Fair point, could my suggestion be considered once its stable later?

Hi there,

Great detail in your suggestion. Great to see. This is a very well thought out idea, and could be taken further, but I agree with FirestarteR93 for now, lets wait for the Car to be released, and then we can look at improvements to it. But great idea.

Happy Trucking,

Philip.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

To be honest I don't want to spoil the fun, but think about the issues we currently have with just trucks on the road. Having police cars being driven by players will cause even more chaos and trouble for the players, and therefore also the admins. I personally think the developers have to be very careful as to how they implement this.

Saying that, I do like this idea still! What is a police car without blue lights and sirens? :P

i guess that would be valid for ATS with US Police, but not with for example German Police or even EU Police. Dont think - correct me if im wrong, any Police force in the EU has this.. atleast germany, austria, swiss, poland, and frace dont if i remeber correctly.

-1 from me for ets2.. +1 for ATS!

sysp-73354.png

i guess that would be valid for ATS with US Police, but not with for example German Police or even EU Police. Dont think - correct me if im wrong, any Police force in the EU has this.. atleast germany, austria, swiss, poland, and frace dont if i remeber correctly.

-1 from me for ets2.. +1 for ATS!

UK police has flashing lights on their cars. Also their siren tone/mode is changing by pressing horn.

The idea is great, adds more realism but i don't know if admins will use police cars for driving and stopping trucks.

• Upvote 1

What's up there?

^ its kinda impossible for admins to stop trucks unless on EU2 as they go 110 aswell

Well, on EU1 Police Car can have better acceleration than trucks, obviously trucks are about 10 tonne heavy and normal police car is max 3 tonne... but trucks could ram police car very easily then so i don't know... Let's see what they're going to do.

What's up there?

^ Well yeah but in hindsight they aint gonna catch u

I don't think so. I can catch semi-truck in my Volvo with trailer after about 15-20 km. It's a matter of time, but Admins are not going to use police cars to catch "criminals" i think. Someone wrote that somewhere, but i don't remember when and where... They're going to be just decorative and to inform other players that driver of the police car is an admin.

What's up there?

The chance you'll see a police car "chasing" a truck will be rare.

It will mostly be used for practical reasons, like visual notice in high density areas like EP when a jam is starting.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

UK police has flashing lights on their cars. Also their siren tone/mode is changing by pressing horn.

The idea is great, adds more realism but i don't know if admins will use police cars for driving and stopping trucks.

i dont think uk counts here.. its not mainland.. at least thats my optinion.. no hate :D

edit: ok im sry, i found videos.. it looks like anyone in europe incl. uk has this besides we germans.. oh well.. i like ours better :)

sysp-73354.png

• 4 weeks later...
If you will have an real police car mod 

Nice skin -  I've skinned the London ANPR interceptor too! I'll upload my video later of the sirens, skins, customisable lightbar, side & grill lights I've made XD

Why dont we wait for it to be added development ideas can be alternated during the process 

That's the plan for the moment.

My ETS2:ES mod is not intended to be supported in ETSMP due to the other 3rd party mod dependencies it has, its solely for single player at the moment. The suggestion was just for the vanilla flashing lights for the admin police cars when introduced.

irv-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8.jpg

customisation-a-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8

g.jpg

• Upvote 1