[ARCHIVED] Setting up a VTC

Hello All,

I am writing this tutorial to give some basic steps on how to setup your own VTC (Virtual Trucking Company) on Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP. This guide is aimed at those who are interested in getting a group of drivers together, who will participate in convoys and submit jobs online together etc... A VTC is a great way of members of the ETS2MP community communicating and enjoying the game with each other.

Please remember that this is simply a guide, and does not have to be followed word for word. Some of these steps are optional, but are just what I recommend if you want to setup a successful VTC. Bare in mind that it can take a while to start getting members to join your VTC (a matter of months in some cases) and you will need to put some effort, time and even money into the development of the VTC if you wish for it to go far.

It may also be easier for you to collect some extra friends to assist with setting up your new VTC. This will make the whole process much easier and will help in the long run when your VTC is setup and you are starting to get new members coming in.

If you think this guide could be improved in any way, please do feel free to comment on this thread with your thoughts/suggestions! I will make sure I read all of them!

So, let's get started:

1. Choose Company Positions: Before anything, you will need to decide which position everybody will be in. I personally am a fan of this position structure: CEO (Owner), COO, Driver Manager, Driver Supervisor and Driver. You can personalize this as much as you like, or even use a completely different structure. This is really based off personal preference.
  2. Choose a Paint Job/Trucks: If you are on ETS2MP, you will need to choose one of the stock paint jobs from the base game to use (as there is no mod support on MP). However, if you are on Singleplayer, you will also be able to add in modded paint jobs if you wish.
  3. Setup a website: Your website will basically be where your new members will register, and where your existing members will go to for news and updates etc... A MyVTC panel is NOT a website!
  4. Setup a VTC Panel: This is where you will decide where your drivers will submit their deliveries completed in-game online. There are 2 main options available for this, however there are now some alternatives coming out that can be found on the "Unofficial Tools" section here on the ETS2MP Forums. The 2 most common VTC panels are MyVTC.net and TruckNet. MyVTC is completely free and easy to setup, and TruckNet costs money to purchase and requires your own web hosting to setup. Both are good options.
  5. Setup a TeamSpeak: Now this one isn't necessarily required, but I do personally recommend it and use it in my own VTC. A TeamSpeak server is a VOIP (communications) server that is used for your VTC members to voice chat online. A TS server will cost you money, but you can get a budget server if you shop around.
  6. Start Advertising/Driving! Now all that is really left is to start advertising your new VTC and start driving on the road with your members! Setup some convoys on the ETS2C site to get your VTC name out there, and start showing a presence on online forums/websites such as this one! Remember that it will take time to start getting members, you just need to be patient!

And that is my quick guide to setting up your own VTC! I hope this helps those who were interested in this and please do feel free to ask any questions/leave comments in a reply to this topic :). I will be happy to help there!

Kind Regards,

Magic Reloadable (Tom)

Great Guide, especially for people who would like to start up there own VTC's. Great detail as well, which is really great to see.

Happy Trucking,

Philip.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Nice guide! Wish I had something like this when I set up Enzide, it's taken me almost 3 months to get the basics down :lol:

I wish anyone creating their own VTC the very best, it can be a very rewarding thing to do. You'll meet some amazing people along the way, and gain advice (like this guide!) :)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

^ It is without-a-doubt rewarding to setup a VTC. I suppose that's why so many people have chosen to start one or be part of one!

Again, thanks for the kind words :).

^ Many thanks :). It's just some stuff I have learnt over the time of running a VTC and thought I'd write it down for everybody else to see it in the hope it helps somebody at some point. 

Feel free to post any suggestions as to what I should add and I'll be happy to update the post.

Guest Tygrys330

Very good guide, I used to have my own VA (Virtual airline) so VTC is similar. Also for team speak you can do it form your own, pc. By settings up the ports and hosting it from your pc. However this only works when your Pc is on and you start the sever. 

^ Thank you for the kind words! :)

With regards to hosting your own TeamSpeak, this is of course possible but I don't personally recommend it. Port forwarding can be dangerous if you are not careful and as you said, running it off your own computer it only runs when your computer is on. I'd much rather save the hassle and just rent one from an authorised provider but that is just what I prefer.

There are also some free TS3 providers out there, such as freets3.net to name just one.

• 2 weeks later...

hi , i have have a question . In this VTC  can you share the money of your company with your friends or something? or is just a fake company where you can just track you firends jobs they did and things like that?  

At this stage, it's just mostly driving togheter. Some VTC's keep track of their drivers and their jobs.

In the (far) future, a new economy system is planned which can be very useful for VTC's. Not much information has been released about it yet.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

hi , i have have a question . In this VTC  can you share the money of your company with your friends or something? or is just a fake company where you can just track you firends jobs they did and things like that?  

I know many VTCs, including mine, that currently use systems such as MyVTC and TruckNet to track driver's jobs and accumulate driver stats from the submitted jobs. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 08/12/2015 at 7:09 PM, MagicReloadable said:

Hello All,

I am writing this tutorial to give some basic steps on how to setup your own VTC (Virtual Trucking Company) on Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP. This guide is aimed at those who are interested in getting a group of drivers together, who will participate in convoys and submit jobs online together etc... A VTC is a great way of members of the ETS2MP community communicating and enjoying the game with each other.

Please remember that this is simply a guide, and does not have to be followed word for word. Some of these steps are optional, but are just what I recommend if you want to setup a successful VTC. Bare in mind that it can take a while to start getting members to join your VTC (a matter of months in some cases) and you will need to put some effort, time and even money into the development of the VTC if you wish for it to go far.

It may also be easier for you to collect some extra friends to assist with setting up your new VTC. This will make the whole process much easier and will help in the long run when your VTC is setup and you are starting to get new members coming in.

If you think this guide could be improved in any way, please do feel free to comment on this thread with your thoughts/suggestions! I will make sure I read all of them!

So, let's get started:

1. Choose Company Positions: Before anything, you will need to decide which position everybody will be in. I personally am a fan of this position structure: CEO (Owner), COO, Driver Manager, Driver Supervisor and Driver. You can personalize this as much as you like, or even use a completely different structure. This is really based off personal preference.
  2. Choose a Paint Job/Trucks: If you are on ETS2MP, you will need to choose one of the stock paint jobs from the base game to use (as there is no mod support on MP). However, if you are on Singleplayer, you will also be able to add in modded paint jobs if you wish.
  3. Setup a website: Your website will basically be where your new members will register, and where your existing members will go to for news and updates etc... A MyVTC panel is NOT a website!
  4. Setup a VTC Panel: This is where you will decide where your drivers will submit their deliveries completed in-game online. There are 2 main options available for this, however there are now some alternatives coming out that can be found on the "Unofficial Tools" section here on the ETS2MP Forums. The 2 most common VTC panels are MyVTC.net and TruckNet. MyVTC is completely free and easy to setup, and TruckNet costs money to purchase and requires your own web hosting to setup. Both are good options.
  5. Setup a TeamSpeak: Now this one isn't necessarily required, but I do personally recommend it and use it in my own VTC. A TeamSpeak server is a VOIP (communications) server that is used for your VTC members to voice chat online. A TS server will cost you money, but you can get a budget server if you shop around.
  6. Start Advertising/Driving! Now all that is really left is to start advertising your new VTC and start driving on the road with your members! Setup some convoys on the ETS2C site to get your VTC name out there, and start showing a presence on online forums/websites such as this one! Remember that it will take time to start getting members, you just need to be patient!

And that is my quick guide to setting up your own VTC! I hope this helps those who were interested in this and please do feel free to ask any questions/leave comments in a reply to this topic :). I will be happy to help there!

Kind Regards,

Magic Reloadable (Tom)

It's http://myvtc.pro/ now