Switching visibility of players in non-collision zone

whiskeyo

Suggestion Name: Switching visibility of players in non-collision zone

Suggestion Description: After entering non-collision zone like delivery area, truck service, ports etc. you're able to turn off visibility of other players' trucks and trailers.

Any example images: Don't have any :(

Why should it be added?: A lot of players stay idle in these zones, turning off visibility of their trucks will help us in e.g. parking in crowded areas and allow us to see stuff in mirrors, it will also reduce lags and hold FPS on one level for all the time.

EDIT (after community feedback): Models should be transparent, not completely invisible.

• Upvote 1

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

I wrote switchable, you'd be able to turn it on and off, so trolls won't have any possibility to block entrances while being invisible.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

Sounds good. Same as Aragon, I would make them transparent, not invisible, just so you can see a faint outline of the players truck. But yeh, great idea, hope this goes forward to Development :D

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

^ I´m with Earleys about the Transparency slider. Anyway, I dont wanna see places empty and even more dead than now, but as long as it´s switchable and I´m able to take them out just for parking, then it´s ok.

However, I would like to see my suggestion about collissions accepted to make players respect and make places alive, instead of wasting dev-work-time in making trucks dissapear in companies... just my opinion.

lkRjRkb.png

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2015 at 18:16, whiskeyo said:

I really like your idea, in big cities in the Garages you can not even breathe, like the one in Duisburg or even Hamburg, not to mention the Kirkenes mine (ProMods), it is very good but I see a defect, when leaving, they would have to implement a system where you get closer to the collision zone, for example the road the vehicle is more visible, since it would be an absolute danger.

I support the idea!

I think we need to switch a turn on mode of  visibilyty like ghost, when u ride in the road, and some of the convoy peoples hit you when u try to go further than nex to them, yesterday in my 2. day of game last one convoy man used 2 lines to get crashed behing him, and i cant do nothing bc he used all brakes so fastly, and he caused me 100% damage. Whats your oppinion about this?

• 3 weeks later...