Avoid Collisions

Sentespri

Suggestion NameInvulnerability when entering

Suggestion DescriptionWell, whenever we enter the server, we enter where we left off, but upon entering we can take damage to the load and truck for appearing in front of the other trucks. To prevent these events could have a invulnerability of 10 seconds, a time limit and that good time to start the engine and start driving, avoiding accidents.
Any example images: NO!
Why should it be added?To avoid unnecessary collisions, improve gameplay and take the surprise of a seemingly out of nowhere truck, appear.

• Upvote 1

It seems like a good idea "but"; for instance, i'm going on my way with 100 km/s and suddenly you loaded 50m away in front of me... At that time, although you are invulnerabl; my first reaction will be "omg! i'll crash!"... And secondly; how can i know how much seconds left of your countdown? As i said, its a good idea but must be developed. 

The best way imo, parking the trucks out of way. That's really really easy, huh? :)

It's a good idea, I had suggested before in the other topic, i've had negative opinion by ResTed.

Why don't make a no collision zone temporary when loading? For a few seconds, like 5s? It could be useful to avoid the crash.

I have been helpful to you? Lifts thumb! Thank you! :D

ItalyMap

Do you want to see where am I? Maps!

Do you want to see my session? Watch me!

Facebook Google+ YouTube

HI there,

Well, this idea seems a good one, from the description you have given (Which is detailed). Although I think 10 seconds isn't enough. Even if you where to get Driving in less than 10seconds, you would still be spawning in not far from where you left of, still possibly causing damage to your truck, and others. Other suggestions, similar to this, but not sure if this would work. Great idea, but more thought needed, in my opinion of cause.

Regards :)

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

"^" Yes, although this is a good idea, it wouldn't be needed if players used there common sense and logged out off the road, and in a safe place/NCZ

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Long ago suggested. Lets be sincere guys, we need a simple Ghost respawn system in MP, it´s something developed in every driving game (see The Crew for example) and it´s just necessary.

This solution (making a 10sec ghost in respawn) was rejected due to the "Troll gameplay". That is, imagine what happens if someone wants to make some fun, logging into the game, going under someone in those 10 seconds of "ghost mode", and stay waiting till the collissions get active. BUM! Funny for any kid who gonna stream some annoying stuff.

So, the only solution is implementing a ghost mode which could detect each truck collission zones (we all know each truck is a collission "cube") so that ghost mode (with those 10 sec implemented) could only get out after those 10 seconds in case of being OUT of any contact with other truck. In case of being under/over any other, it could stay NC till the trucks get separated.

Simple, but a bit hard to code, I guess. Anyway, it´s just necessary, and anyone saying its not should think twice about priority gameplay stuff in MP driving games IMO.

lkRjRkb.png

• 1 year later...

Suggestion Name: Preventing connection, when the connecting player is in the collision zones.

Suggestion Description: Making sure that a player doesn't spawning in on a road where you have no time to react and brake. Etc. the highway, which will resolving a crash.

Any example images: Nope, sadly.

Why should it be added?: It will make less sudden crashes or brakes, when a player connecting to the server is on a busy road or a highway. The reason is they just will suddenly pop into view when you have no time to react, and will crash into the player, that just spawned. It will also make sure you don't get a high bill from the mechanic, as well a very angry company that want you to pay for the damage on the trailer that you have with.

I will be more then happy if it is at last get looked on. I have seen from time to time, that players just popping into view when I driving on a road or highway. There had been times when I could dogde them, and times when I couldnt react in time, like today. It might also be a reason for the long queues on the busy roads, as they just would crash into the spawning players.

Edited by Anriandor
Merged.

Imo it's not necessary / it does not solve the problem of crashing into spawning trucks.

Already mentioned:

On 6.12.2015 at 5:49 PM, STOCKHOLM GHOST said:

The best way imo, parking the trucks out of way. That's really really easy, huh? :)

Most of the people park before they're leaving the game. Even if they got kicked, they can choose a safe place to spawn before restarting the game.

The real problem is that most of the spawning trucks are already on the server. They just load an auto save.

A solution would be to implement your suggestion AND kick all players loading an auto save from the server. Additionally, there could be a new game rule that spawning on the road is prohibited. And, I think 10s is not enough. I would increase it to 20 or even 30, because you're already connected to the server when you just see the loading screen. 

Then it would work.

Yes! This Idea is Great!This Damn Possible Problem has caused me to kick the game unfortunately.This Idea,Manager's Review is Required.

It would be better to do something like this: if the user logins or load a save while in a NCZ, do nothing, if it's outside the NCZ, warp him to the nearest NCZ, excluding service stations (because some of them are very busy). Just like the base game does when you load a new mod. Idk if it's possible though, i hope is.

I've seen it suggested many times, I think it would be easier to make a rule for no spawning in the middle of an active road. Or, if this were to be implemented, you can have the truck flash when it first appears for 10 seconds indicating its in a NCZ right now. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...