Convoy Licence

Suggestion Name: Convoy creator and participant licence 

Suggestion Description: I've only started participating in convoys and so far my experience has been very poor, some convoy creators have no control over their convoy, people keep over taking each other, crashing into each other, the routes are sometimes awful and some convoy leaders had absolutely no clue on how to properly lead a convoy. It would work on a points system, there was another post about behavior points or something. If you have enough behavior points you'll automatically have a convoy license.
Any example images: None.
Why should it be added?: Because it has to be added.

^Basically on a points system, there was another post about behavior points or something. If you have enough behavior points you'll automatically have a convoy license.

-1 for me. This would make smaller companys possibly not being able to do convoys. Sorry, but not a good idea

• Upvote 1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

It's -1 from me, I don't see the point of special license for convoys, after ETS2 sale on Steam there are more and more players coming to MP, it means that there will be more companies, especially smaller ones. They have to start somewhere and prove others that they are good enough to start convoys.

Why should it be added?: Because it has to be added.

What the hell happens with justifications recently... Tell us what it will introduce to the game, try to convince us, don't write "It has to be added" or "It's good", because it lowers your suggestion's opportunity of getting into MP.

• Upvote 2

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

But you could describe it more precisely, how those points you mentioned would behave etc.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

If only specific people could lead a convoy, this would cause issues still and the issue of bad drivers in the convoy that you mentioned would still not be resolved. Having a "convoy license" would still not allow the convoy leaders to control these drivers like IGAs can. 

I think it's a decent idea, but it just simply won't work.

I´m not sure about this. In my opinion the issues with big convoys are always due to their drivers poor experience, or just "lack of inteligence". In my case our company uses always some veteran drivers in order to lead convoys, but it´s all up to the drivers behind to behave after our convoy rules if they dont want to be fired from the company.

I´ve seen so much huge convoys like the ones described in the main post and... well, no one can really handle some driver´s n00b behaviours imo, neither a point system.

lkRjRkb.png

• 2 years later...

Everybody can create a convoy and this does not need a license. That being said, the change you are suggesting is not needed and would make things just more complicated.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.