The Admins

gluk3_0se

Hello people of ETS2MP,

Firstly, Thank you to the admins.

Secondly..

The past few days I have seen multiple people claiming that 'admins don't respond to reports' or 'I have never seen an admin do their job'. I would just like to point out to you the amount that the admins do for you in-game. Admins are volunteers and choose to make ETS2MP a better place for you. 

In regards to reports, admins cannot deal with every report with a kick or a ban. They make the decision whether the ban is worthy of this or not. If you reports someone for blocking, then they start moving, the admin dealing with this report will most likely make the decision that this player does't need a kick/ ban. After monitoring this player for a while they will close the report and move on. This does not mean that the admin has not done anything it, it is that the admin hasn't needed to kick/ ban. Imagine you are an admin. There are over 2300 players online, and 3/4 of those players are making reports. You deal with a few and by the time you get to the rest the player has moved on. There is no need for a kick/ ban is there?

+Admins have a life too. They don't sit down and deal with ETS2MP reports and bans all day. They have jobs, they have family. You cannot moan that an admin didn't kick a player for your convenience if there is no need to. They want to deal with actual worthy reports and continue with their day. I am 99.9% sure that you wouldn't do any better of a job than the majority (if not all) of our admins. If the admins were not here then you would have a lot more trouble in game than you already do. So stop moaning and thank all the admins that give up their time to make your playing time better. 

Be considerate to these lovely people. They are not your slaves, and they most likely know how to deal with a situation better than you.

Thanks,

Lukas

Enjoy your game.

AddFriend.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true, I don't use report system because, aside from blocking, in a lot of cases whats done is done so reporting will just make the admins watch them behave after doing something. If its persistent I report, if not I personally don't see the point in reporting. I'll just post evidence on the site later. 

I used to admin a 30 slot counterstrike server, That was hectic. No way could I deal with a 2000 slot server regardless of the game. 

People need to appreciate the work the admins put in to maintaining the community of the game they enjoy. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

It just frustrates me when people go around talking trash about the admins. They do a massive amount of work and I have great respect for what they are doing. It just seems many people do not understand that admins don't just sit there and watch them. There isn't 1 player on these servers. There are over 2000. + All the other servers.

AddFriend.png

I agree, what I know of some admins is that they are generous, kind, respectful, caring and trustworthy. People think they're there to help one individual all the time. Some people think they don't do anything and choose not to respond to reports. Some think they will always be available for their report. Welcome to the 21st Century. Some people just don't understand. The admins (from what I know) should have OBE's and Oscars and everything from how much time they put in to the ETS2MP community.

Either way my conclusion of this (more of a message) to the people who think the admins are always around and cba to use the report system. Admins have lives, respect that they basically have 2 jobs. Respect that they volunteer to be IGA's. Respect that they respect us as players and listen to what we say.

The Admins: The nanny's of ETS2MP. Give them a break guys they do their best.

-Thanks, Sami

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

I agree, what I know of some admins is that they are generous, kind, respectful, caring and trustworthy. People think they're there to help one individual all the time. Some people think they don't do anything and choose not to respond to reports. Some think they will always be available for their report. Welcome to the 21st Century. Some people just don't understand. The admins (from what I know) should have OBE's and Oscars and everything from how much time they put in to the ETS2MP community.

Either way my conclusion of this (more of a message) to the people who think the admins are always around and cba to use the report system. Admins have lives, respect that they basically have 2 jobs. Respect that they volunteer to be IGA's. Respect that they respect us as players and listen to what we say.

The Admins: The nanny's of ETS2MP. Give them a break guys they do their best.

-Thanks, Sami

When You Think About It The Admins Don't Get Payed For This And They All Have Busy Lives To Live So Every Now And Then Things Like Traffic Jams And People Ramming And Not Being Kicked Will Happen

Exactly my point :)

AddFriend.png

I don't really use the report system that much. I can see how many reports they get and I don't need to add to it. If a user is abusing the rules completely I will upload a video on a report. But I won't report in-game because 1. It will add to the list of reports and 2. May not even be a continued offence.

AddFriend.png

And this in Rotterdam -- > http://prntscr.com/9bx030

I don't understand why you could say this to an admin. Apparently it was because 'the admin didn't kick blocker' -- as said from a user in game.

Maybe people just don't understand. More people need to realise the situation and understand the decisions that admins make. In 99% of the cases the admin does the right thing.

AddFriend.png

IGAs are largely accurate in enforcing the rules (such as bringing out the ban hammer at the right time!) I wonder if people have watched the admin streams on Twitch put out by various IGAs. I have watched snippets of admin action before I thought "Well, might as well think about moving up the ranks in MP".

However, we all have lives away from ETS2MP and we have to take breaks from the action that is flying around the map with keyboard and mouse.

That's why positive reputation is expected for higher ranks and hence my Steam and forum name has the word "positive" in it. :)

And this in Rotterdam -- > http://prntscr.com/9bx030

I don't understand why you could say this to an admin. Apparently it was because 'the admin didn't kick blocker' -- as said from a user in game.

Maybe people just don't understand. More people need to realise the situation and understand the decisions that admins make. In 99% of the cases the admin does the right thing.

yeah sadly that happen often, the players cannot see what the admin does, and yeah if they didn't like it the rage comes loose 

also not a smart thing to say in world chat because we all know big brother is watching you :P

in all fairness i stopped depending on admins for a while allready.majority of the problems u can just solve with patience and friendlyness.you would be amazed how boring it is to a troll that your not getting annoyed and just wait for him to move over again.

if everyone would act this way i think the admins would have more time for serious offenders.

and ofcourse rarely you will encounter the type of troll that should be banned.in that case recording-->report trough site-->winning.

The past few days I have seen multiple people claiming that 'admins don't respond to reports' or 'I have never seen an admin do their job'. I would just like to point out to you the amount that the admins do for you in-game.

I have a sanction in my story of Euro Truck (4-5 days playtime) I make an appeal at admin and he respond at less of 24 hours... so if you don't like the staff... there is a no way to play in MP.

spacer.png

It is annoying when people send fake reports to admins, because all it does is, first of all, distract them when they are driving, second of all, waste the admin's time, and thirdly, make the admins unavailable for reports that actually DO need to be dealt with!

It is like calling 999 when somebody cuts you up on the M20; completely unnecessary!

*End of rant :P

Simply put, we can only go off of what we see. For example, if I claim a report and teleport to the aftermath of the incident, sure, I can piece together what I think happened but I don't have any proof. What good is it if we ban someone but we don't have the proof that they did it?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Archived