Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Best truck to buy

itsonlyt

I'd say renault but its personal preference, if your new to the game and are on a new profile then maybe try and get the cheapest truck. I guess its down to what kind of truck you like :)

I've made a comparison of all the trucks available for purchase in the game last year. If you are looking for the highest specs for the best price, your best option will be the Volvo FH16 Classic. For less than 100K you can buy one with a 500+HP engine and GPS on the dashboard. Maybe even a couple extra lights. You obviously can buy other trucks in the game for that average price and even lower, but they all will have lower specs, which makes them more expensive. For about the same price you can also get a Scania but with an inferior engine.

I recommend you have at least 100K in the bank before buying your first truck (if that's what you are going for) and buy the FH16. That way you'll have some cash to spare for fuel and repairs.

Once you have your first truck and save some more cash, any new purchase is totally up to your taste. ;) I suggest you keep on doing Quick Jobs for a while (especially if you take a loan) after you buy your first truck for two reasons:

1- Save fuel and repairs money since you won't be driving your truck all the time. Quick Job trucks have those costs covered by the companies you are driving for.

2- You'll get the chance to test drive all trucks in the game. That way you can find the one you really like. Then it's all saving money to buy your dream truck.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

i would say pick the truck you think looks best/has best dash for you.

i personaly drive manual and fell inlove with scanias gearbox.its the superior gearbox in the game :D

A majestic :P joke.

Volvo all the way 750 Hp Need for speed Eu2 :P

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

The volvo is the TOP! But also the most expensive hehe, approximately 400k.

If you choose the truck according to the power and if aimed to have an easy game you recommend the volvo (I have chosen for aesthetics, the lights are beautiful and the dashboard .. :wub: ).

Scania is the most aggressive and the engines are the most powerful after the volvo.

The other trucks are average with exception for the new Renault and the Hi-Way, for these last few matters aesthetics.

However it is subjective!

If you want to play easily and quickly without having problems I suggest the volvo!

If you aim to have a game that test your skills you should choose one of the less powerful engines.

I have been helpful to you? Lifts thumb! Thank you! :D

ItalyMap

Do you want to see where am I? Maps!

Do you want to see my session? Watch me!

Facebook Google+ YouTube

i know everyone is bragging about volvos power.but with 125 ton and steepest hills scania goes 1 km/h faster then volvo due to better gearbox :P

If I had limited money, I'd choose the cheapest truck that has the best upgrade options (which is the classic Volvo from what I remember); but I have unlimited money so I just make myself a hybrid, throw in a 750hp Volvo engine, Scania/New Actors transmission and anything else I'd like. My current ride has a 750hp engine, Scania V6 sounds, New Actros transmission, Daf E6 cab and Iveco Hiway chassis. :)

If you don't care about aesthetics, I'd go for MAN. Simple and easy readable layout of the dashboard. Excellent view from the driver seat. Great handling and stable truck and a wide selection of engines including a powerful 3000 Nm torque engine.

I prefer Scania for normal driving conditions sake because it is relatively powerful, however I like to drive the Iveco Stralis 310hp for a challenge when delivering trailers up hilly mountainous roads that slow you down to less than 15km/h. It feels like you're pulling a Scania/Volvo with 125t load with that truck! 

Volvo truck is the best to but. Expensive, but is realiable, the most powerful, and will cover your every needs :)

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

to be fair its more down to personal preference and driving style, I mean, I would love a truck that has great fuel mileage with a midlift chassis, the only ones that come close are the Volvo fh16 and the DAF E6, although the new merc is good on fuel, just hate the standard KMH speedometer, I work in MPH not KMH game, and the scania v8 is too quiet in my opinion (unless scs has boosted how it sounds in cab since I last drove one back in 1.20)

Archived