Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Distance markers in Nametags

.StεvƐ.

Suggestion Name: Distance Markers in Nametags

Suggestion Description: The same Marker that we have in the tab menu which tells us our distance from the nearest player should be also be an addable option into nametags above other trucks
Any example images: No but ive seen this used a lot in FTP games such as World of Warships
Why should it be added?: This would make it a lot easier to judge the distance between you and the vehicle either in front of you or behind you instead of having to keep the tab menu up on screen which in some truck configs blocks the mirror on the left side of the screen.

• Upvote 1

as long as it's toggable, i don't see any harm in it.

Though, my primary use of the tab list is for reporting, secondary to see how many players are around rotterdam and europoort ;)

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I'd like to see this. A game I play called Test Drive Unlimited has distance markers in metres next to someone's name. It's very helpful :)

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I mean we have a big counter in the tab menu that tells us whos around us and by how far but, as people say, in highly congested areas its hard to judge who is the closest to you and all that, especially at like 5FPS when Rotterdam is full, its just a visual aid which people have the option of enabling and are able to see how far the person is, makes overtaking a hell of a lot safer when you can judge when you hit near 100M of them etc, that and it could help with banning people who cause accidents that are caught in screenshots to determine who hit who etc.

Personally i think this is a bad idea since TAB have alot of functions such as "Showing other players steam" etc.. 

im not saying remove the tab function all together, if you read the post you will see that is a totally player discretion function that allows the distance from player to be displayed next to the players near you allowing you to judge overtakes better (allowing you to judge accurately the 100M rule) as well as remove the dependency on the completely opaque box that displays driver names meaning that you can still hit tab and use all of its functions to your hearts content but it allows wheel using drivers like me to focus more on the road ahead without the box being there to show distances from others.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...