Just a few newb-questions.

CeeCaar

Hello! 

I honestly started playing before reading the rules, so Im sorry if I've been causing any road-rage! :)

I would just like to ask a few questions. When I started playing I noticed many drivers were honking when I passed them, so I cought on and started doing the same whenever someone was driving past. I later read that you shouldnt honk unless its needed, so I was just wondering if its still okay to honk as a "Hello", or if I should stop. 

I kinda like doing that tho :D

Also whats the rules when delivering the goods? Should I wait my turn or is it okay to just go with the flow? Because pretty much everyone is doing that at the same time, so it gets kinda messy, but I dont want to risk running late. 

Is there a fast-park-button where I can skip it just as in single-player? :)

Also, I keep getting tickets for not having the lights on (Im just forgetting..) Is there a rule to not use it durring day-time? In sweden where I live, the rule is that you should always keep them on, but I know that every other country is making fun of that rule so I just wanna make sure :D

Thanks!

"Honking" is basically the other driver saying hello :)

About waiting there are no rules about waiting but it's always nice too

Also there is no park button for whatever reason.

And you can have your lights on 24/7 (no one cares) if you want no fines just go into config CTRL + F type police change that to 0

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

About waiting (...)

Yeah alright thats nice to know, because when I read the rule I was devastated. haha, just kidding :P

So its not cheating if I use that code? Thanks! :)

Ofc you shall honk! ;)

- Why not?!

Now that I know its not against any rules I'll honk the shit out of everyone :D 

Yeah I got angry when people didn't horn

Yeah, I know! Like I dont exist to them or something. So unrespectful. :P

Topic of honks: Go for it, or flash high beams like I do. People who say you shouldn't are the ones trying to play this game as realistically as possible. It's a game, plus on a map as big as it is with only 2300 people at max, sometimes you could go 30 mins without seeing someone in the distant regions.

Delivering goods: Courtesy, wait your turn. It makes it easier for the person already there to back on as they can see clearly. I actually wish collision zones were enabled in the drop off points. It's mean people would actually have to be patient. 

Fast-Park: No. Got disabled.

Lights: Just leave them on. It's easier.

I keep parking lights on all the time because I'm well lit and people can see me

If you want to take your turn you can do so but it would be pointless because everyone will push in.

I just deliver my cargo as soon as in there because I only take 1 min to reverse it if that.

No there is no key to skip parking however if you cannot reverse the trailer. When you are in multiplayer and you are at the drop off point go to single player press enter then go back to multiplayer

Topic of honks: Go for it, or flash high beams like I do. People who say you shouldn't are the ones trying to play this game as realistically as possible. It's a game, plus on a map as big as it is with only 2300 people at max, sometimes you could go 30 mins without seeing someone in the distant regions.

Delivering goods: Courtesy, wait your turn. It makes it easier for the person already there to back on as they can see clearly. I actually wish collision zones were enabled in the drop off points. It's mean people would actually have to be patient.

Fast-Park: No. Got disabled.

Lights: Just leave them on. It's easier.

I have to disagree sorry I'm a pro at reversing it only takes me 1-2 mins max and when you have someone there trying to reverse for 10 minutes it's annoying also collision zones would be enabled in drop off but if they would be there would be a massive que outside the company look at Rotterdam what if those company's would be collision zones it would be chaos!

About waiting there are no rules about waiting but it's always nice too

Also there is no park button for whatever reason.

And you can have your lights on 24/7 (no one cares) if you want no fines just go into config CTRL + F type police change that to 0

I would just like to ask a few questions. When I started playing I noticed many drivers were honking when I passed them, so I cought on and started doing the same whenever someone was driving past. I later read that you shouldnt honk unless its needed, so I was just wondering if its still okay to honk as a "Hello", or if I should stop. 

I kinda like doing that tho :D

I used honking until I read the rules, but a member of my VTC, and an admin also in the VTC, said that honking is better, as some people may have an epileptic reaction to the rapid flashes. Just don't honk to much, just two short honks, or a small drawn out honk will do, as any longer may constitute horn spamming

An8mXaY.png

I never honk, as it´s not real, thats all. If all the truckers would honk in real life to say "hello" we all would get mad in the road. Honk is a WARNING and it´s illegal (in Spain at least) to use other way. I do flash my lights, flashing lights it´s well seen though, and it´s not so annoying.

I wont make a sh** for people honking me (except for annoying spammers in the city) but I wont honk back as I dont see it real. And that has nothing to do with "oh you dont honk back, how rude you are!"

lkRjRkb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived