Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

standard skins

Ionice

First of all...

I'm not that great in defining names,title or categories.

although I think this discription won't be understandable for everyone, I hope that some do and help to explain the idea.

Suggestion Name: Low graphics / standard skin

Suggestion Description: Well it's kind of anoying when it takes a while to load all trucks, skins,trailers etc. etc.

Wouldn't it be a solution to just get the location, brand, and wheel configuration (6x2 6x4 etc.) then load a standard truckskin that's (probably) already defined for the standard ai in ets.

And then start getting the details for each truck.

Any example images: Play ets singleplayer and see all the ai trucks. 
Why should it be added?: This would reduce the time for lags and it would even be possible not to load all those shiny graphics and such from other players. (would be great for people with a pc that lags performance or internet that's just not fast enough).

• Upvote 3

Whenever it's something optional, I agree with your idea. Implementing this for everyone, though, can create complaints, as I spent quite a lot of time and money assembling a high performance gaming PC and don't have any problems with the game as it is right now.

But of course, there will be lots of people who can't afford a high end machine or even want to play in their laptops, so if this has a chance to become a reality, you have a +1 from me.

Well my pc is actually pretty good and my internet is way above average. And still when it starts it takes some time to load all the graphics.
(you've probably read it wrong, or I didn't write it the correct way)

but what I meant is that it should load the standard skin (so you already see trucks and trailers etc. instead of waiting till everything is loaded) and then load the detailed trucks

• 1 year later...

I understand why you have asked for this and maybe it would be nice for lower-end users. but it wouldn't affect me so I'm not too sure what to say. THe loading times aren't actually that long though. I used to have an awful pc and it was okay.

+1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 3 weeks later...

I think this might actually be an option in other games like Omsi 2, so we know it would kind of work. I know sometimes that loading in lots of trucks can get very poor frame rates but with TMP I don't think that's the reason, I think it's more to do with the amount of lights and beacons etc. on a truck. But always worth a go!

I understand that most of people have weak PCs who barely run ETS 2, and have crap FPS on populated ares but so do high end PCs.
By doing what you're suggesting won't fix anything, maybe a little but not a whole lot, and yes it would destroy  the cool paintjobs.

I think for low end PC users this is a good option for getting more FPS in game that also reduced the lag.
This would also be a improvement for other drivers who suffer from lag of these players with less low end PC.
I am no Developer but if you can choose between Winter Mod on/off, Cabine Accesoires On/Off and ect.
Then i think that this would also be possible to choose what you want to see in game standard truckskin or not.
Maybe a Denveloper can tell more about this i don't now how many work it is for them and is this possible.

tmplogo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Project Manager

I am sure that users of low quality PCs have problems but that shouldn’t remove the fun of some users with a good PC. Some users are only playing ETS2 because of the truck customization...

And it wouldn’t be easy to say which skins should be forbidden. 

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

On 11/24/2017 at 1:37 AM, ThatOvertakenPokeman said:

yes i agree to this, i play on the EU servers but i live in asia, so this would be useful but i think having a standard skin on all trucks is boring, so maybe just standard chassis

You think you have problems? I live in Australia and play on EU servers...

On 11/6/2017 at 3:54 AM, KmunBiene [GER] said:

Would destroy all nice paint Jobs.  If your computer is too Bad,  Dont even drive in high Populated areas. 

...and I agree with this. Sometimes, if there are like 100+ people in one area and they're almost all using beacons, I take this advice and I quick travel somewhere else. If I'm on a job and have just been trolled or been in an accident and have to get towed to one of these areas, then I quit the job and quick travel somewhere else. It sucks, but we in this general part of the world cannot realistically expect the majority of players to possibly lose out because of us, due to distance or low-end PCs or a combination of both.

On 5.11.2017 at 6:54 PM, KmunBiene [GER] said:

Would destroy all nice paint Jobs.  If your computer is too Bad,  Dont even drive in high Populated areas. 

One with no access to a high performance computer system and/ or a fast internet connection is not restricted to low populated areas.

As a matter of fact, he/ she can go whereever he/ she pleases to go.

@Ionice,

as an optional solution, you have my vote for this suggestion.

+1 Only if this could be implemented as an option then it could be good for those that have low end pcs, I like seeing all the different paints and paints from the paint packs/DLC's so I wouldn't like this for myself but if this could help those with lower end pcs get better fps then its a good thing :)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5-11-2017 at 6:54 PM, KmunBiene [GER] said:

AFAIK, paid DLCs (which includes nice paint jobs) are also 'destroyed' on a player's screen when the player didn't purchase them. So, what @Ionice is suggesting and what I just wrote, are basically giving us the same result in-game.

Also @FernandoCR [ESP] , if this gets implemented and the user has no choice whether it's enabled or disabled, people with a high performance PC shouldn't notice this change. For a high performance PC, this suggestion would just be a quick calculation for their high performance PC and the user probably won't see the progress of the calculation.

Anyway, to avoid complains and to keep everyone happy, I give this suggestion a +1 if it's an option which can be enabled/disabled and should be disabled by default (or enabled if the game detects poor internet connection/PC hardware)

Do you guys realize that this topic was opened more than 2 years ago? When I saw that I had been quoted, I had no idea what the topic was about, couldn't remember at all. And most of the answering people have misunderstood the suggestion. It's not about replacing the cool paintjobs with default plain ones, but to load default paintjobs when spawning, so the trucks around you be are loaded faster and can be seen earlier, and then start loading the "full-detailed" models, wich would be faster for powerful machines, slower for low-end ones. And once the loading process is finished, everything looks the same as... now? Or should I say... as 2 years ago? :troll:

We also need support added in for the new skins which have been given out during the Christmas period for completing the "Grand Gift Delivery".  However, going back to what was suggested RE low graphic and skins, surely an option which allowed you to turn skins off and on would be a simply fix for those who struggle to run the game?  

On 13/01/2018 at 10:36 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Do you guys realize that this topic was opened more than 2 years ago? When I saw that I had been quoted, I had no idea what the topic was about, couldn't remember at all. And most of the answering people have misunderstood the suggestion. It's not about replacing the cool paintjobs with default plain ones, but to load default paintjobs when spawning, so the trucks around you be are loaded faster and can be seen earlier, and then start loading the "full-detailed" models, wich would be faster for powerful machines, slower for low-end ones. And once the loading process is finished, everything looks the same as... now? Or should I say... as 2 years ago? :troll:

That's a really good idea - I'm surprised they have not implemented it yet. When you have a pc like mine, it would be pretty usefull...

It would benefit a lot of people who play the game and help them with some performance improvements, every little helps at the end of the day!