Console Controllers

Miles!

Does anyone here play with a console controller? If so how does it compare to a Keyboard?

I've ordered the Steam Controller and its on the way so I plan to just lay in bed and play on my TV with the controller to drive. 

What are your thoughts? do you like it? 

I'd hate to tell you this but ets2 would have to support the steam controller first before you could use it since its a different controller than a xbox 360 controller and right now i'm using a xbox 360 controller cause my wheel died on me :(

YouTube_logo_2013.svg.png

Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot. I would buy a G27 but I literally have nowhere to store it, and my desk is curved so it might not fit on properly. 

I'd hate to tell you this but ets2 would have to support the steam controller first before you could use it since its a different controller than a xbox 360 controller and right now i'm using a xbox 360 controller cause my wheel died on me :(

It's run through Steam OS and has partial controller support so it should work. Thanks for the heads up tho

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

^^

That's a bit expensive for a stand tho hahah, I could probably make one. 

Still, The angle of the stand would probably mean I have to sit a bit further back which I can't cause of a fat bed  :mellow:

Plus, there's nowhere to store it when I'm not using it, I have enough trouble storing my Logitech 3D pro and that's quite small. 

I'd have to sit on the bed lol 

ed1932c2d78cc14023de6198c05de0d3.jpg

I used to use my Xbox 360 controller because I thought it would be easier to corner but I prefer keyboard for high speed driving :) It's much easier to take corners and you can't do things such as open the chat or open the Tab menu with the controller. That's my opinion though.

Remember the ETS2 Update from 2 weeks ago?

That was the one which included detection of the steampad in the gamepad wizard of the game ;)

I appreciate the replies but a proper wheel is out of the question, sorry. Not only the space but I have already ordered the Steam Controller for use with other games and my finances have just been hit pretty hard so I can't really splash out on a steering wheel purely for a game that makes me sleepy 10 minutes into a delivery lol. Maybe in the future but for now I'm content with a controller, just curious how well it handles. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived