Mouse doesn't work when trying to start ETS2 Multiplayer

JayGatsby

Question

So I've recently redownloaded Eurotruck Simulator 2 as wel as the latest multiplayer mod. I tried the multiplayer mod and my mouse refused to work/appear. Only by pressing F11 I could see where the mouse cursor is. I tested it with the single player version and I was able to get my mouse to work effortlessly. However, after uninstalling and reinstalling multiplayer three times and restarting my laptop once I still was unable to work the multiplayer as I cannot click on any other options. What should I do?

Note: I'm signed into steam whenever I do try to work ETS2M.

Note 2: I'm using a usb keyboard and mouse. I'm able to work my usb keyboard in ETS2M so I've managed to use tab and enter to pass through some of the options. The USB mouse works with the normal Euro Truck Simulator 2. However with the multiplayer mod it doens't work.

16 answers to this question

• Update your graphics driver.
  • Uninstall  Overwolf.
  • Delete My Document/Euro Truck Simulator 2/config.cfg folder.
  • Open My Document//Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/"profil id"/controls.sii  and change;
config_lines[1]: "device mouse `fusion.mouse`"

to

config_lines[1]: "device mouse `di8.mouse`"
  • Lastly, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer\data\ui\background files. (or your directory path)
  • Upvote 1

System.out.println("Hello World!");

I already had the problem multiple times. After restarting my computer, the mouse was working again

I tried restarting and that didn't work. Ran in adminstrator both in directX and as normal and it didn't work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't work. Tried changing the property folder and it didn't work. 

Only by pressing F11 I could see where the mouse cursor is.

do you have to keep f11 pressed or just type it once?

Btw: f11 enables/disables the MP interface and therefore the startscreen and the mouse on that screen

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

do you have to keep f11 pressed or just type it once?

Btw: f11 enables/disables the MP interface and therefore the startscreen and the mouse on that screen

I just need to type it once. I'll try holding it down.

Edit: That didn't work

Edited by JayGatsby

I think you open the ETS2MP when you open Windows. Because i got the same thing too. Just i open steam and then i open ETS2MP and works fine. Or i just wait 1-2 minutes and work fine.

Sorry I missed your post. I have steam open and it doesn't work. Unless there's a way to log into the multiplayer via steam and not the desktop shortcut. I waited 5 minutes and nothing worked. 

Do you have any game controllers plugged in, I know I had a problem with my mouse when I had my Xbox controller plugged in, if so try and unplug it ;)

EDIT: Just to clarify what cursor is it? Menu or MP (Tab and Right Click)

Edited by El1teZombiezHD

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Do you have any game controllers plugged in, I know I had a problem with my mouse when I had my Xbox controller plugged in, if so try and unplug it ;)

EDIT: Just to clarify what cursor is it? Menu or MP (Tab and Right Click)

Nope none, just the usb mouse and usb keyboard since my laptop's keyboard doesn't work. It's the normal menu cursor when you're trying to click on to continue your Euro Truck game.

oh, btw Do you have any specific mouse software installed(e.g. for mouses with like 50 extra buttons)?

Nope none whatsoever Edited by El1teZombiezHD
Posts merged

I had this problem when i used to use Overwolf, Overwolf has some of the hotkeys which requires mouse movements to capture and when i did install Overwolf and started MP mod my mouse wont work, So either you remove overwolf and try again because overwolf messes with your ets2 config once it starts to capture/screenshot or even running in background while you play ets2, On some pc''s this may work on some it may not

If by par you uninstall overwolf and still doesnt work then copy your ets2 profiles and mods to another folder in the pc and re-install ets2 .

with the re-install of ets2 you will get Default config. Simple configure it again by going into game and make sure to drop your profiles to Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles once you re-install. 

Or what you could do is Un-install overwolf and i will give you a default config which i have as a backup incase any installations messes my ets2. but it may lead to economy change/messup so lets just keep this option as a secondary fix