Live Map Overlay

Zirox

This guide is for the players that only have a single monitor and wish to use the Euro Truck Multiplayer live map!

Ingame Preview

dfsdd.md.png

Software Needed

You will only require one piece of software, the other is optional but gives a better end result.

The first piece of software you are going to need is OnTopReplica[ontopreplica.codeplex.com], this program allows us to sample a seperate window and creates a copy to place wherever we desire.

By itself, it will not overlay unless your game is in Windowed Mode (untick 'Fullscreen'). This causes problems for people that play at resolutions lower than their monitors native as the window will no longer be fullscreen, and will be well.. A window.

So the second program we are going to install is BorderlessGaming[github.com]. This is optional, but it will allow the game to run in Windowed Fullscreen.

Steps
Once you have OnTopReplica installed, go ahead and run it. You'll see a square appear, right click and hover over "Select Window", you'll see a process with your current browser window, hover over it and select "-Whole-".

step1.md.jpg

Now that we have our window selected, we should crop it a little. Right click the square, this time click "Select Region", you will notice that your cursor is now a cross, just click and drag to form the area you wish to show (I select the whole window excluding the browser toolbars etc for a cleaner look in-game).

step2.md.jpg

You will need to have the browser open on the Map page for this to actually work in-game. If you minimize the window, the overlay won't give a live view.

BONUS TIP: I have mine set to 75% opactiy and the border turned off. You can achieve this by right clicking and unticking "Show Window Border", to reduce the opacity, right click and hover over the opacity option.

This part if for those that installed Borderless Gaming, it's actually pretty simple. Run Euro Truck and make sure "Fullscreen" is disabled. Alt-Tab out and start up Borderless Gaming, you will see a list of process down the left side, select Euro Truck and click the button with the right arrow icon

step3.md.jpg

BONUS TIP: If you click "Options" and enable "Run On Startup" and "Use Global Hotkey", it makes life easier for future use.

NB: Kytoko is the creator of this, I have his permission to post on his behalf. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Great guide. Helpful for convoys. Great detail, really handy, thanks ZiroX.

Happy Trucking,

Philip.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Yea, thanks Kytoko Zirox for this great guide ;)

I might need to update the Steam version as ETS2 doesn't support borderless window natively which creates problems with BorderlessGaming not filling the screen (atleast not for me, haven't had anyone complain with this issue). Will send you the outcome via Steam so you can update :P

• Upvote 1

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

Some may feel that it holds strong against the current blip update, as great as that update is. This has a further (much much further) viewing distance than the GPS blips, making it the better option for those wanting more than 400m or so of oncoming trucks/trouble :)

• Upvote 1

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i'll add the links for people who cant find it or search for it :P

Links ↓

OnTopReplica Website: https://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/

OnTopReplica Direct download link: https://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/downloads/get/780725

Borderless Gaming (Github Page) : https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Borderless Gaming direct download link: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/download/8.4/BorderlessGaming_8.4__setup.exe

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.