[ARCHIVED] How to change the background in ETS2MP Menu

Rom_Knight

Today i found a very cool guide how to change the normally backgrounds in ETS2MP Menu to a diffrent!

ATTENTION TO THE PLAYERS!

The new Launcher of TruckersMP corrypted the data folder which contains the ui for a long time now and there is no way to change the background now. So this guide doesnt work anymore!

So what you need for that. You need a photo in ETS2 for that.

1. Go to your computer/Program Files (if you have Program Files (x86), doesnt matter, just you need to find Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer)/Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer/data/ui.

2. You will see photos and if you search you will see the background photos. Rename your photo too: background0.

4. Put the background0 to "ui" folder and replace it. 

NOTE: Do not delete the background0 in the "ui" folder because if you put a new photo but have the same name like before, your ETS2MP Menu will be red screen. 

5. Copy the background0 (your photo) and paste it in desktop. Rename it to "background1" and replace it to the background1 (ETS2MP Photo Menu) it in ui folder.

6. Repeat step 5 but rename the background1 to background2 and replace it to the background2 (ETS2MP Photos Menu).

You should playing without red screen.

14-11-15 I decided it to edit it because i found a way to not shine red screen.

22-4-18 The guide is completely shuted down! After the TruckersMP launcher folder on the Programs File doesn't have the data folder which contains ui, i think you can't do anything to change the background after you enter into the ETS2MP or ATSMP Launcher. If there is someone who can help me, i will restart the guide.

Edited by Poko Kirby
Update

76561198179965755.png5588428238.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

^ or you could just grab a picture with the default size of your monitor. At least that's what I do since I play fullscreen.

Also from what I understand, OP should include that the picture has to be of .PNG format for it to work.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...