Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I changed my steam account

Cherozene

Question

Hi everyone !

I play ETS2 for a month but I was playing on the Steam Account of a friend to try the game. (he bought the game but didn't want to play).

Now that I am convince about the art of driving, I have just bought the game ! But (I feared it...) I cannot play online with my ETS profile :(

Is it possible to change the Steam account linked with the ETS profile ?

Or is there a solution to keep my driver while playing on my own Steam account ?

Thank you !

Bye 

Cherozene

5 answers to this question

Hello Cherozene,

Profiles are kept in the "Documents" folder. So you can copy your profiles from the "Documents" folder. You should see a folder called "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in there and within that there will be a folder called "profiles". Just copy that whole folder and place it into your "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in Documents again.

Please let us know if this helped you.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Hello Rhendak,

I've just done what you told me but it does not seem to work :-/

In fact I should have been more specific ! I cannot get my profile in ETSMP.

It tells me "Invalid email or password". I can play ETS solo with my profile without any issue ! But I can no longer join the multiplayer :(

Thanks for helping !

Cherozene

Hello Cherozene,

The profile you use gets bound to the steam-account with ETS2 on it. So if you were playing ETS2 on your friends steamaccount before, then you won't be able to use that same ETS2mp profile with your own steamaccount.

You should create a new ETS2mp account and bind it to your steam account. No worries, there won't be any loss for you, except a different login emailadress and password.

Please let us know if this solved your issue.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Re-hello !

Thanks for your help, I am relieved that I can keep my profile !

Currently when I want to create a new ETS2mp account it tells me Unable to connect to steam api. Try again later.

I'll try again later and I'll tell you if it works.

Cherozene

EDIT : It is ok ! Thanks a lot for your help ! Bye. Cherozene