Multiple Reports

Edinev

Suggestion Name: Multiple Reports

Suggestion Description: Basically you should be able to report someone even if the person has been reported already. On Admin's TAB Menu thingy where they have all the reports it should say example (x2) (x5) (x10) depending on how many have reported the person, in the very beginning of the players name that has been reported.

Any example images

What Admin TAB thingy currently looks like:

IJwqyIg.png

What it looks like with (xYY) added:

mfx4BqG.png

Why should it be added?: The most annoying thing about the reports now, is when you report a person and it says "this person has already been reported". Well obviously Admin's haven't seen or have skipped that report meaning this person can still drive around and mess up everyone and everything. With a system that shows how many people have reported one person Admin's can prior the reports and ban/kick the people who have been reported the most first.

• Upvote 17

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

• 1 year later...

Necro'd this thread for good reason.

I've used the search function before suggesting something and over one year has passed... This has still not been implemented.

Can we prioritise reports ASAP?

I'd even be willing to write the code for this... if you pay me enough money

This brilliant. can also give priority to review those who were reported by a multiple of different people who have more possibility not respect the rules and leave the reports lower for the end.

• Upvote 1

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

Brilliant idea! Would have to limit though so that users can only put one report in at a time on a player. Otherwise you would get one user constantly reporting a player :) 

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

^^ Or a full convoy reporting a player just because they don't like him/her. This is why this suggestion is unlikely to be accepted, the idea is good, but it can be abused too easily.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:56 AM, Zarfot said:

I'd even be willing to write the code for this... if you pay me enough money

Do you pay enough money to the developers for the mod? If you're willing to make money, try another mod, TruckersMP is free, developers don't earn money from it, why should they pay you or anyone else?

2 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

^^ Or a full convoy reporting a player just because they don't like him/her. This is why this suggestion is unlikely to be accepted, the idea is good, but it can be abused too easily.

The report should also indicate who is reporting. So that way if a single driver is rolling down the freeway minding his business and he passes his old company in a convoy and everyone gets salty and false reports the guy, I think the admins would see x11 reports of all sorts of different accusations but with a bunch of the same company tag attached from the reporting players. 

Admins spectate random guy who a convoy reported for no reason.  Admins see he is not guilty of x11 reports of whatever and because the reports all had the reporting players' name attached, boom, all the false reporting guys are sent packing. 

The important bit here is not how it can be abused...the current system is already abused...this idea however lets admins quickly spot who is POTENTIALLY causing trouble a lot faster than just going one by one. If you're an admin and see someone has 11 blocking reports in 3 minutes you should go spectate that guy and see what's up vs the player with one ramming report from 45 minutes ago. The admins would still have final say, so I think anyone abusing the system would be caught. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

+1 really reports should handed out based on number of users reporting, so say someone is ramming people along a stretch of road and everyone that troll rammed reports them, then when admins look, they can see that player x has been doing y and has been reported by z number of people, meaning they are more likely to get caught by admins in the act because it's more prioritised verses some angry driver who reports someone for touching their brake pedal while the angry driver is around (past experience, just saying). Admins don't need to intervene then. 

This is would be useful when you have people overtaking traffic jams or blocking roads or trolling multiple people, especially those who traffic break on motorways and ram anyone going faster than their speed trying to pass. 

• 1 month later...

Great idea, it would certainly help identify who needs to be seen to first.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 13.12.2016 at 9:56 AM, FernandoCR said:

^^ Or a full convoy reporting a player just because they don't like him/her.

So what? Report is just a information for admins to check that player. If admin looks at reported player and didn't see any violation, there will be any punishment.

A big +1 from me!

^^ But it can take to admins looking at reports that are not so important. An admin logs in, sees a player that has 28 reports, goes there, that player just had overtaken a convoy and all players in the convoy decided to report him for nothing. Waste of admins time. Sure, the reported player is not punished, so it's ok, but in the meanwhile, that admin could have checked some other reports.

I don't like either when I hit Report and get the message that the player has already been reported, but I don't care that much, if I believe that the guy did something worth punishing, I'll report in the website with video. In the last 6-7 months, only one of my in-game reports was attended in time to handle the rule breaker. All others, unattended or simply the admin came when there was nothing to see. And like I said, implementing this feature would make admins to be looking almost exclusively to reports from the known areas of Calais, Calais-Duisburg road, Duisburg, Rotterdam... Single reports from other areas in the map would be so deep in the queue that they would become useless.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

^^ But it can take to admins looking at reports that are not so important. An admin logs in, sees a player that has 28 reports, goes there, that player just had overtaken a convoy and all players in the convoy decided to report him for nothing. Waste of admins time. Sure, the reported player is not punished, so it's ok, but in the meanwhile, that admin could have checked some other reports.

But it could be veeeeery helpful in situations like that

That situation is so easy to bypass... People just prefer to stay there, honking like drunk monkeys, making that troll happier with every minute the block goes on... F7+Enter. Once in the NCZ area, you plot a different route to go to wherever you need to go avoiding that idiot. If people did that, the block would end instantly. What purpose serves blocking a road/street, when there's no one to block? On a road it's different, teleporting can take you back hundreds of Km, but that video shows a trailer blocking a city street... Come on!

2 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

but that video shows a trailer blocking a city street... Come on!

Don't take everything literally... What if that trailer was on a highway? Or how about that idiot

He stays on that place almost 10 minutes and really was a pain in the ass. Every truck must avoid him by another line. If every player could make a report for him, I don't think he stays more 2 minutes that way...

Topic slowly transforms to dialogue :D I'll stop commenting here for a some time, otherwise moderators could close it

16 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

I don't like either when I hit Report and get the message that the player has already been reported, but I don't care that much, if I believe that the guy did something worth punishing, I'll report in the website with video. In the last 6-7 months, only one of my in-game reports was attended in time to handle the rule breaker. All others, unattended or simply the admin came when there was nothing to see. And like I said, implementing this feature would make admins to be looking almost exclusively to reports from the known areas of Calais, Calais-Duisburg road, Duisburg, Rotterdam... Single reports from other areas in the map would be so deep in the queue that they would become useless.

Isn't Rotterdam, Calais Freeway, Duisburg, etc. where the chaos is? Don't encourage them to turn a blind eye to the chaos to attend to a ramming truck in Zurich.... if it gets bad enough, then due to this suggestion, the admin will see it and fix the situation.

1 hour ago, CodeBLU said:

Don't encourage them to turn a blind eye to the chaos to attend to a ramming truck in Zurich

Most of the chaos in those areas is a consequence of people WANTING to have that chaos, going to those places BECAUSE of the chaos. If you think it deeply, it would be fair to make less admins watch them and take care of people who are being trolled anywhere else because they decided that they didn't want to be a part of that chaos. I mean, why people who go, on purpose, looking for troubles, deserve more admin attention than people who try to avoid those troubles?

If this suggestion were implemented, EVERY report in those areas would be top of the list, and at peak hours, admins would be attending nothing else than the reports coming from there. Recently, I was caught in a traffic jam on the highway  going from Duisburg towards Osnabruck (maybe 50-60 Km away from Duisburg). More than 5 minutes, around 20 cars stopped and one idiot blocking the highway. And no admins came, because they were too busy trying to solve that C-D road chaos. This was now, with one report per player. With multiple reports allowed, our jam would make like 20 reports, but every issue on that road would make over 60 reports (the road was completely full of people). See my point? Even with 3-4 admins online, the top areas reports would always make all other reports to be lost in the bottom of the queue. Because it's not only one, on that road, multiple reports would be coming continuously about different players, we all know that.

Right now, reporting in-game is pretty useless if there's chaos on those areas and you are anywhere else. This suggestion goes through and gets implemented, instead of "pretty useless", we can say "absolutely useless". People who can't use recording software for whatever reasons would be helpless against trolls, blockers or rammers outside the "hot-spots". I don't understand how some of you can't see this.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone, I want your honest opinions about this topic.

Do you, or do you not approve that multiple people can report a single person (player) in-game, and that the new report system sorts the "offenders" by how many reports they've got?

I think that's much better and faster for everyone, because admins can now respond pretty quickly if some random kiddo stops in the middle of the road and blocks everyone from passing, like for example: 

https://i.imgur.com/Q50mxRG.jpg

As you can see, this little fellow blocked about 20 people from finishing their jobs, and you know what? We've reported the guy, and we got no reply nor did any admin (if there were any admins online -.-) do anything later about this guy. 

So if everyone from this jam reported that a++hole, admins would easily get a notification or something and quickly finish him off with a juicy ban.

And yeah, for those who'll type an excuse like "Why don't you record him and report him on the forums?" ... Well not everyone has GTX 1080 and 16GB of RAM so they can freaking record every single second spent in-game. All we want is a bit of peace on the roads.

So, yeah, what are your thoughts about this little proposition of mine?

A little bit of offtopic : We need more ACTIVE admins in-game, a blind guy can see that this isn't working very well at the moment.

Cheers.

Edited by Tohsaka Rin
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.