Instant "temporary_X_XX" Steam branch use

CJMAXiK

Suggestion Name: Indication of supporting "temporary_X_XX" version branch in news, API and Download section.

Suggestion Description: 

Problem 1: New ETS2 public beta going to production -> A lot of questions "Why my MP doesn't worked!!!!" and beyond...

Solve for now: Post like "Please use "temporary_whatever" beta branch on Steam for some time before we patched MP"

Problem 2: New ETS2 version was out -> A lot of questions "Why my MP doesn't worked!!!!" and beyond. Seems like in P1.

Solve for now: Post like "Update your MP and go back to "opt-out beta" in Steam for access w/ new patch"

Problem X: New ETS2 public beta going to production -> A lot of questions "Why my MP doesn't worked!!!!" and beyond...

Solve for X: Post like "Please use "temporary_whatever" beta branch on Steam for some time before we patched MP"

...you know...

My solve:

P1: Post like "Use a temporary_%producion_version%" beta branch BEFORE the new version is come in sight.

P2: Seems as P1!

Explainded:

When SCS goes to releasing new ETS2 update, they simply copying this update into production branch and also rename "public_beta_X_XX" to "temporary_X_XX". This last branch is identically same as the production ("opt-out") version. So, if new "public_beta_Y_YY" was coming to production, it was also renamed as "temporary_Y_YY". If you just staying on "temporary_X_XX" before new pubilc beta goes to production, you doesn't worried about new ETS2 updates.

What we can do:

Indication of supporting "temporary_X_XX" version branch in news, API and Download section.

Pics:

AuohJehnZ1uHkkpWNAL6Ref0Hwvd17.png

cJs9XMV19P8oHrA7t9yGapxjH71Hm1.png

UO0xWGrq37U57cn1Sh2AWXeDkZ4Jvr.png

Adding this to the api wouldn't be hard, but getting, and maintaining the data from steam is going to be a major challenge, we already feel how much it hurts when steamcommunity and the web api is down/unstable, the multiple ban issue was often caused by the steam api's instabilities.

Might do it, might not, but for now I shudder at the thought of relying even more on steam's incredibly unstable APIs.

• 4 years later...