Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What do you think about this overtaking?

Folriden

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i never use TAB. A truckdriver's most important asset are his mirrors. Also, you have to check your mirror as the truck you're overtaking might flash his high beam. If you were in a car there would be nothing wrong with this overtake meneuver. But remember, you're around 15 - 17 meters long. So it all requires more time, space and effort.

Well i never use TAB. A truckdriver's most important asset are his mirrors. Also, you have to check your mirror as the truck you're overtaking might flash his high beam. If you were in a car there would be nothing wrong with this overtake meneuver. But remember, you're around 15 - 17 meters long. So it all requires more time, space and effort.

If you often do overtakes on one lane roads, it's a must to use the TAB.

I don't run into this kind of overtaking problems because I ride at the speed limit. In this case that would be 60km/h. So in ETSMP-terms I drive like a snail since everyone is always driving 90+km/h on any road they can. The overtake is also dangerous as there were a lot of other trucks around as you can see on the TAB. I once was driving somewhere between Calais and Brussels on a land road like this when suddenly two trucks were riding next to each other, luckily for me the truck on the wrong side of the road dashed to his left riding in the grass and clipping his load over without harming me.

In short: I think you drove too hard, were a danger to other trucks and should at least turn on your right side mirror. Sure you can rely on your TAB, but why not have the mirror just in case? For the other player, I can understand his frustration, to him it probably looked like you were about to ram him and that you only dodged at the last second. I don't blame him for calling you out.

actualy, you can't 100% rely on the tab list, there could be an admin driving towards you...... ( i think a lot of us have seen footage of what happends then :P )

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

IMO He should've

• not insult you
  • slow down to let you safely overtake him
  • slow down even more when he saw the oncoming truck

now, send him a link to the rules and quote the one in the spoiler and give me a cookie  <3:

While Driving in ETS2MP, users are required to follow the European Traffic laws

btw you can find his ID @ MyDocs>ETS2MP>log>log_spawning file

Well, Following european road laws, You have to be sure there is enough space when overtaking on B roads without interupting oncoming traffic, What he clearly haven't done right. Also he wasn't checking his mirrors what could have resulted in acidently ramming the person he overtook.

2ltoxg6.jpg

Against the speed limiter? Use the IMG as signature! http://i59.tinypic.com/2ltoxg6.jpg Let people drive fast if they they want on ETS2MP's most populated server!

^ You can easily edit mirror distance view. Mine is set to 800. 

The maximum value of this parameter is 500. Besides, this increase does not change anything , distance display is not increased in the mirror, it remains the same, 210 meters on ultra settings, I checked it out. Next time сheck the information before giving advice to people.

Archived