What do you think about this overtaking?

Folriden

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO He should've

• not insult you
  • slow down to let you safely overtake him
  • slow down even more when he saw the oncoming truck

now, send him a link to the rules and quote the one in the spoiler and give me a cookie  <3:

While Driving in ETS2MP, users are required to follow the European Traffic laws

btw you can find his ID @ MyDocs>ETS2MP>log>log_spawning file

You shouldn't have been overtaking on that spot as you had limited sight due to low light conditions. Also, it's quite reckless to not even bother, and keep going 110kmph trough a 50-zone.

But yeah, you looked at TAB, and you had a safe distance to Sammaboss when going back to the right lane. So in the end both of you were doing wrong. 

There is nothing wrong with your overtake, It probably was a bit short but there was no other way due to oncoming traffic.

Don't worry, you acted like you should :) 

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Overtake was correct in my opinion.

For the record: the player being overtaken was Yotx. The player doing the insulting was the one on the oncoming lane: Sammaboss

From the responses in this thread I got the impression that people didn't get that.

I don't see anything wrong with that overtaking, either. If there is anything wrong with it, then perhaps it'd be just the fact that you didn't look at the mirror. Though that isn't always necessary and I can easily tell you did have a decent distance from him given your speed and his. So yeah, nothing really wrong there. He must be one of those kids who cannot bear being overtaken by anyone. It's like an insult to their pride. Report him for insulting.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^

It was an area where overtaking is allowed, he used his blinker to signal his maneuver to both leave his lane and return to it, he didn't touch the other truck or anything else, he only switched back to his lane when he had enough distance from the truck he was overtaking and still with enough distance from the oncoming truck on the opposite lane, he had enough speed to complete the maneuver and in no moment committed any mistake other than not checking his right mirror before changing back to the right lane. So how exactly is there something wrong with his maneuver? Please, explain what's wrong. Enlighten us.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Reckless overtake

90 in an 80 zone. (Speed limit shown on GPS)

Not checking right mirror, relying only on tab menu.

Didn't slow back down after overtake, ignored posted 50 km/h limit sign and continued to accelerate to 100+km/h.

Oncoming truck had no reason to get upset from his view

He had his beacons on for no reason and appears to also be speeding. (at least in the 50km/h zone).

The large space between you and the truck you overtook could have been needed to compensate for lag. (80-100m is actually a good distance to merge back in, but could appear excessive to oncoming traffic)

It may be necessary to speed while overtaking.

Both drivers were in the wrong.

IMO He should've

• not insult you
  • slow down to let you safely overtake him
  • slow down even more when he saw the oncoming truck

now, send him a link to the rules and quote the one in the spoiler and give me a cookie  <3:

While Driving in ETS2MP, users are required to follow the European Traffic laws

btw you can find his ID @ MyDocs>ETS2MP>log>log_spawning file

But if you go by this, it wouldn't be allowed to drive over 100 kph in a 50 kph-zone! So please, when you say users have to follow real traffic laws, then make sure they at least more or less respect speed limits, otherwise you controvert your own words there. There's a good reason, why there are speed restrictions on the map, no matter if some people with a god-complex think they're not meant for them, but just for other trucks... But yeah, what should i expect from people who want the limiter gone and wished to be able driving around at least at 200 kph everywhere on the map because they think it's a racing-arcade...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Archived