American Truck Simulator Multiplayer

Veldergreen

American Truck Simulator update from SCS

American Truck Simulator Trailers

One of the many problems we are coping with when building American Truck Simulator is handling the trailers. The regulations for overall tractor and trailer length are mostly stricter across Europe, and this made our life easier when designing the intersections and teaching the AI truck drivers to take the turns there.

In the ATS road system, we are pursuing two goals that are a bit difficult to combine for our tech - including a choice of longer trailers and yet at the same time spicing up the game by having tighter places to maneuver through. We believe that we have come up with the right creative solutions to crack this problem, and we hope that you will enjoy the trailer variety and driving challenge.

american_trucks_001.jpg

american_trucks_002.jpg

american_trucks_003.jpg

http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/10/american-truck-simulator-trailers.html

Was thinking that only you get sent there,I know americans dont have cab overs,only just some rare Freightliners or stuff like this

We actually have quite a lot of cabovers, but they are mostly the light box trucks (Usually Isuzu, Mack and Mitsubishi, and sometimes ones with a flatbed), as well as garbage trucks.  I do see the occasional Freightliner Argosy around, though (sold as a glider kit, which means you have to supply your own engine, transmission and rear axles).  For some odd reason, the entire industry made regular non cabover class 8 trucks an "industry standard", which I think means means "we all do it because everyone else does, without ever a reason why"

signature.png

Archived