Trucks & Trailers Braking Sounds

Chriszx9

Suggestion Description:

Well, like the title says, I would like to suggest the addition of a mod (or maybe, forward this suggestion to SCS ;) ), because I had "a funny" experience:

I was driving my Magnum, at more or less 80-90 Km/h, when I suddenly saw the railway's crossing. The lights were red, so I slowed down, let's say some 60-70 Km/h... Then, the lights turned green again (No train? Eyup. It was my lucky day!) So I stepped it on again, reaching again the previous speed. All of sudden, when I was "This" close (No kidding! :o ) the lights became red again, and the barriers started to come down (Great!) Thanks devs for the retarder, the emergency brake, the trailer's brake, and the engine's brake! :D

I did manage to stop just in time But... As I waited for the train, to pass.... I felt, something was wrong :mellow: What was it? :huh: 

It felt...Weird? I mean, I made a h... (nevermind :P ), let's say I did put a lot of effort, trying to evade that collision, I was also using the outside camera, and rotated it to the front, to see how close I ended up of the barriers...

Still, though I could "evade" it, I couldn't feel comfortable... That sound was missing.

Why should it be added?:

Well, a good point to start with, would be to bring into consideration that this is not a simple game: It's a Simulator. I believe that a simulator, intends to "replicate" (or at least get close) to reality.  Adding this feature that is being suggested, would add more realism to the gameplay, in my humble opinion.

I have no pictures to show you this, however, I'd like to leave some videos, which should give you an idea of what I'm talking about

* Volvo Trucks - Emergency braking at its best!

https://youtu.be/ridS396W2BY

*Mercedes-Benz Actros Safety Truck - Active Brake Assist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSQSueFrxzI

Well, that was all. Thanks for your time! (And apologies for any grammar mistakes! ). Happy Trucking! :lol:

• Upvote 1

As LONE_DARK_GREY_WOLF already said, this is a suggestion for SCS, not for the MP team.

and we won't forward it to their forums, that's what you should do as well. Maybe you can find someone with a forum account who will post that for you, but assume that you have to do that.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

A simulator does not simulate reality! Why is everything thinking that? A simulator simulates a SINGLE aspect of reality. That is a very big difference..

ETS2 simulates the delivery of goods. It does not simulate the physics of a truck nor does it simulate the tasks of the driver..

Ever drove over a railway crossing in ETS2? Well it doesn't matter what tires you are using, the effect remains the same. Even speed does not play a factor. That is because SCS did simulate the tire, but not the behavior of rubber and the effect of pressured air inside that tire. Thing is, that if you drive very fast (> 200km/h) over a railway crossing, you shouldn't feel the crossing (height differences) at all. 

Besides, a simulator can also simulate conditions that are unknown, but more of an estimate like the NASA mars simulator.

Airlines use simulators to train pilots for the unthinkable and to become familiar with standard operating procedures..

• Upvote 1

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Thanks for all your replies!

LONE_DARK_GREY_WOLF and RayRay5! I appreciate your advice, and I did what you suggested.

This suggestion was also made on the SCS forum.  ( It's on http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=192197 If you are interested.)

Marc Glad you liked this! Thanks for your support!

Also guys, thanks for the info regarding the mods, I'm not familiarized with them! D:

However, zyprexia I must disagree with you =/   I believe there was a misunderstanding. If you read again my argument, you'd see that I was making an appreciation, based on an article from Wikipedia.

According to it: "
A simulation video game describes a diverse super-category of video games, generally designed to closely simulate aspects of a real or fictional reality. A simulation game attempts to copy various activities from real life in the form of a game for various purposes such as training, analysis, or prediction". (Text from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_video_game )

If we go back, to the earlier versions of  the game, you'll find that:

* We didn't have DAF, Iveco, Volvo, or Mercedes-Benz trucks. We had "DAV", "Ivedo", "Valiant" and "Majestic".

* Retarders, didn't exist. It was implemented in a later version.

* The rumble strip at the edge of the lane, wasn't there. But it was added.

As you can see, the game has been continuously evolving, to offer us a more realistic gameplay experience. I believe this feature that I'm suggesting could be easily added =/ I mean, some games from the early Y2K era had this feature. Let's mention, as a example, "Need for Speed", "The King of the Road" (Also known as "Hard Truck"), or even "Midtown Madness 2".

I know those aren't simulators, but my suggestion is present in those titles, therefore, I believe that this game can have it too. (Tough, again, I don't know much about coding and stuff).

Despite all this, I agree in something: A simulator can't replicate perfectly the reality. That's why it is a simulator, and not the reality.

I also found interesting your example of the railroad crossing, the tires, and the rubber. Thanks for sharing your knowledges! :)

Finally, once again, I appreciate all of your comments. Thanks for your time, and replies! :lol: You are too kind! =)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.