Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Buying A PC

[HHA Driver] Madtrucker24

G'day I am thinking of building a new PC and I am just wondering if this PC specs are any good and I am also wondering if what settings I would be able to ETS2 on and Gta 5. My budget is $800 and I have found this one on PC Case Gear

Specifications:

Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258 Processor, MSI B85M-E45 Motherboard, ASUS Radeon R7 360 OC 2GB graphics card, 8GB Team Group Elite Plus DDR3, Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive, Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 Mid Tower Gaming Case, Windows 7 Home Premium and more!

System Components:

Web Link: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1411&products_id=33305

It would help if you know how to assemble it yourself.  I just browsed through some Australian retailers online and a decent system for $800 is really hard to find.

(Build edited, see later post)

Intentionally left some budget buffer in case you may want to cut down on the number of retailers, or go straight for Win10.  The GTX960 can be swapped out for the R9 380 which is generally 10% quicker by default but has far worse after-sales support (read: drivers).

@ETR_Owl

You left out the OS!  His proposed pre-built comes with one.

Putting together a partslist now will edit in a moment

Edit:

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZmMnD3

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($93.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($68.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($65.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($279.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.00 @ IJK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($129.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $804.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-04 00:08 AEST+1000

Australia's Prices frighten me

Editx2:

Gpu is better than the r7 360 listed in your build. Everything else is pretty much the same, except the case.

7jjScu5.jpg

So you have $800 US to spend. So I say you should build one on the pcmasterrace reddit they have a build called the next-gen exterminator and the build is future proof. You would need to add the os(If you are looking to get windows 10 get windows 7 its cheaper then get a free upgrade to windows 10) and a optical drive it needed(but do you really need one)

You can change up the case just have to make sure it fits and you could add more ram too if you wanted.

$706 US

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jbVHmG

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

It would help if you know how to assemble it yourself.  I just browsed through some Australian retailers online and a decent system for $800 is really hard to find.

(Build edited, see later post)

Intentionally left some budget buffer in case you may want to cut down on the number of retailers, or go straight for Win10.  The GTX960 can be swapped out for the R9 380 which is generally 10% quicker by default but has far worse after-sales support (read: drivers).

@ETR_Owl

You left out the OS!  His proposed pre-built comes with one.

I thought it would be pretty clear... He has a PC now, then he can take the OS from it.

Make a cart with a 970 in it. Then you'll see 970 is out of budget. Why are you always recomending the 970? When i asked you for a motivation you couldn't even give me one...

Putting together a partslist now will edit in a moment

Edit:

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZmMnD3

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($68.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($279.00 @ Centre Com) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.00 @ IJK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($129.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $804.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-04 00:08 AEST+1000

Australia's Prices frighten me

Editx2:

Gpu is better than the r7 360 listed in your build. Everything else is pretty much the same, except the case.

No reason to choose a card with 2GB Vram before a card that has 4. For nearly the same price.

PcPartPicker didn't include CPU price in my old build so that gets binned. :blink:  Apologies for that, feel free to unlike that post!

As I was about to re-build, I saw RBar91 has the right idea for a build within your budget.  Getting an i3 with 4 threads is slightly more future-resistant but the downgrade from the GTX960 to a 750ti is too big of a hit. Therefore, the best bet is replacing the CPU with a used Core i5-4xxx around 2 years down the road.  Note that he picked a smaller Micro-ATX form factor.

Going full ATX with identical parts (except RAM) as RBar91 saves exactly A$1, with a total of A$803.  I'd say the Kingston RAM is better than his G.Skill as it costs the same and can run at 1600mhz.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/YcwrFT

So you have $800 US to spend. So I say you should build one on the pcmasterrace reddit they have a build called the next-gen exterminator and the build is future proof. You would need to add the os(If you are looking to get windows 10 get windows 7 its cheaper then get a free upgrade to windows 10) and a optical drive it needed(but do you really need one)

You can change up the case just have to make sure it fits and you could add more ram too if you wanted.

$706 US

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jbVHmG

Wow, that is a good PC for small money. I'd suggest to take the Cooler master V550 istead as it is gold certificated, otherwise a really good cart!

Reposted: 

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/nz32yc

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 2GB Video Card  ($285.00 @ Scorptec) 
Total: $810.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-04 00:39 AEST+1000

Changed to r9 380, 4GB is better than two as ETR_Owl said.

7jjScu5.jpg

@RBar91 and ETR_Owl

The 4GB version is A$314, an approximately $30 premium and will take it far over budget.  Go for it if you can though.  At the end of the day, it's up to personal preference:

The GTX960 can be swapped out for the R9 380 which is generally 10% quicker by default but has far worse after-sales support (read: drivers).

Edit: I just found out the age-old rule about having more VRAM just for gimmicks doesn't apply for the 380.  The 4gb is 5-10% faster in many titles compared to the 2gb.

@RBar91 and ETR_Owl

The 4GB version is A$314, an approximately $30 premium and will take it far over budget.  Go for it if you can though.  At the end of the day, it's up to personal preference:

Edit: I just found out the age-old rule about having more VRAM just for gimmicks doesn't apply for the 380.  The 4gb is 5-10% faster in many titles compared to the 2gb.

Did you see the cart i put up? I fit in a 4GB 380 without to much compromising. But yeah, ofc you won't see a big difference in the most titles as they're not using more than 2GB of Vram. 

Btw, mod can merge my posts if he/she wants :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived