Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New 0.2.0.2.1 patch skips launching a multiplayer game

rolypolyman

Question

Mod Version: 0.2.0.2.1

Controllers Used: Mouse only
Description of Issue:  Multiplayer client keeps launching a single-player game.  This problem started with the patch this weekend.

Computer: Win 7 x64 / Core i7 860 / NVIDIA GT 630

To reproduce:

1. I click on Play ETS2 Multiplayer shortcut, as always.

2. The dialog to choose Play ETS2MP, Launch with DirectX, Launch with OpenGL.  I choose Play ETS2MP (same as I always do) and Play.

3. Game splash screen appears.

4. Game goes right into the Launchpad.  <--- CLIENT IS SUPPOSED TO OFFER A CHOICE OF MULTIPLAYER SERVERS HERE.  THIS DOES NOT APPEAR.

5. I click Continue Game.

6. Another splash screen showing game loading.

7. I appear in the main game menu.  I click Drive.  I am in single player mode!  <-- CLIENT IS SUPPOSED TO SAY IT CONNECTED TO THE MULTIPLAYER SERVER.  NONE OF THESE STATUS MESSAGES APPEAR.

I see no players around, and pressing Y or Tab to show chat or a player list does nothing.  The Multiplayer client keeps launching a single-player game with no option to connect to the server.

Also as a note, the first time I installed the patch, the multiplayer connection worked normally, but subsequent attempts to start ETS2MP will not offer a server connection.

6 answers to this question